New purchases
Nov 28, 2002 at 11:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zanth

SHAman who knew of Head-Fi ten years prior to its existence
It has been a compulsive self-gratifying tradition of mine to purchase a cd or two after an exam. As I have had 6 exams in the last 7 days I have not had time to get out there and do my buying. So tonight after my 4th 100% final, I picked up 5 discs:

Our Lady Peace - Gravity Special Edition
Matthew Good Band - Last of the Ghetto Astronauts
Ross Porters's CBC's After Hours - Blue Note Collection
Brian Eno - Ambient 1: Music for Airports
Yo-Yo Ma, Edgar Meyer, Mark O'Connor - Appalachian Journey

Some may dislike OLP's latest contribution to the rock scene but I happen to like it. They make music that makes me want to be a teen again yet it is more intelligent than most of the sludge out there.
MGB's LOTGA is an incredibly intelligent work and their first complete studio album. Now that they are disbanded...I lusted after this one for a while. A little Jazz never hurt anyone and tonight I need something to chill to. T
he CBC is reknowned for its After Hours show and the best of the blue note collection is one of their superior compilations.
Because I have not been sleeping much, I thought...after some wine and my jazz I would settle into bed and pray for some zzz's. Eno is made for this, at least this album is. I have had it on mp3 for years but it was time. I love ambiant as it really helps my beta waves get in the groove for a nice 6 hour tuck time.
Finally Appalachian Journey has to be one of the best sounding recordings I have ever heard. It is so crip on redbook I really would be stunned if SACD smoked it. This is another I have had on mp3 for a bit. It is as close to country I can get but the sounds...are...so...inviting...I just couldn't hold back. Jude was right in recommending this to me months ago.

So there it is...my night involves some coding and some listening. No studying tonight, not even a tiny bit. Just the solace of the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back