New Purchase and a Couple of Remaining Questions: Dunu Dn-1000
Aug 15, 2014 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ultimateanthem

New Head-Fier
Hello, I have been lurking these forums for years and finally committed in some way to being involved in quality audio. I purchased the Dunu Dn-1000 IEM which I am pretty excited about. Having said that I am still quite confused. Should I purchase an amp? Should I really purchase an x3 as a source to fully enjoy these, or will an iPhone do? Moreover, is there any sort of audio file debate or is it truly FLAC or bust. At the very least do I need 320kbps to truly enjoy hi-fi? The moral of the story is admittedly has the time for me to pay for music finally arrived (as I'd assume that lossless is not easy to come by).

Semi-Disclaimer: I have read an acceptable amount on all these topics. I am just curious what the personal answer would be for me. Especially in relation to my recent purchase.

Aug 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2 of 4
You don't need an amp for DN-1000 they will sound perfectly fine from your phone, take it from a long term DN-1000 owner.

About the files:

Try and stay no lower than 320kbps (MP3) if you can, or even better IMO 256 AAC. Regarding FLAC or for your phone ALAC, best way to answer your question is test a few files yourself one day, see what you think. But never let anyone tell you you must use lossless to enjoy your music.

About the X3:

I would see how you find the Dunu from your phone first, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised, then later you can consider checking for out other players.

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #3 of 4
I received them today and am enjoying them immensely even with what is mostly poor audio files. So I guess I'm in no rush to get a dap. However, I'm sure the bug to purchase more mid-fi will soon bite. Thanks for the response. Moreover, I will certainly search the site about this but out of curiously what music player do you use and where do you download your music from?

Aug 15, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #4 of 4
I received them today and am enjoying them immensely even with what is mostly poor audio files. So I guess I'm in no rush to get a dap. However, I'm sure the bug to purchase more mid-fi will soon bite. Thanks for the response. Moreover, I will certainly search the site about this but out of curiously what music player do you use and where do you download your music from?

A list of players I own / owned can be seen on my profile; http://www.head-fi.org/u/286949/h20fidelity

As for downloading music, I buy a lot of my mucic from Bandcamp. They have many formats (including FLAC) and impressive prices. Some of their music is even free: https://bandcamp.com/discover

Other albums I buy on eBay and rip from CD with db poweramp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back