New portable rig...
Aug 1, 2004 at 2:12 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
All the reason to get a Karma! The Karma can play albums with gapless playback, comes with a dock that charges the unit, has RCA line out, and an ethernet port for networking ability.

Man I did not know that. I wish that I had the ability to have gapless playback on my iPod. And the ability to network would be awesome. So what does a Karma sell for?

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:32 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
Man I did not know that. I wish that I had the ability to have gapless playback on my iPod. And the ability to network would be awesome. So what does a Karma sell for?

According to PC Mag, the Karma sells for "$270 street." Along with the 40 gig iPod, it got four stars out of five (the zen 60g got 4.5 stars, the H140 got 5).

Aug 1, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Achtunghoy
and yet you still traded it for the ihp!!
wink.gif

That's true, but I'm still faithful to my roots
icon10.gif

The Karma is an excellent choice, and comes with some really sweet feature. Just wait until you start to play with the Rio DJ....I forget what options you have, so maybe a Karma owner can help me out here!

Aug 2, 2004 at 2:39 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

This doesn't make sense Out of the 5 options, you just eliminated the best sounding DAP.

Well, isn't the iPod supposed to have the best sound? Neutral, uncolored, etc...

Quote:

BTW I: I noted that you are a student (which implies somewhat limited funds). Would encourage you to check out your local library's music collection. You might find some material that you don't currently have in your collection that would pique your interest.

Will do!

Aug 2, 2004 at 5:03 AM Post #20 of 21
The ipod allows you to "join" tracks, which recreates the actual album song spacing. This comes in handy for themes that run together (pink floyd, classical symphonies...). This is the only time I find "gapless" relevant.

Also 4g ipod's are much better in terms of spacing between songs.

Aug 2, 2004 at 5:18 AM Post #21 of 21
Amazon has the karma for $249, add a dollar in padding from the electronics deparment and get a $50 gift certificate.

if you buy a lot from Amazon and will use the $50 gift certificate , this is a pretty good deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back