new portable player needed fast
Jun 28, 2006 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nysulli

500+ Head-Fier
as the title states, i'm flying out monday morning at 6:45 am cross country, with layovers, its gonna be 8 hours total time, my 512 meg shuffle needs to go, but at the same time i'm a grad student, so i can't just go wasting cash, as upcoming amp builds are gonna take up my spare cash

keep in mind i don't use a portable player that often, but i'm torn between spending 67 on the creative zen nano plus 1gig or 200 on the 8 gig z:mp, by time i figure in shipping from amazon its hardly worth looking at the 4gig for 140, what do you guys think?

edit: forgot to mention, rest of the portable setup is a minified pint and px100's

Jun 28, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 4
tough choice . . . 2.985 times the price, but you get 8 times the capacity . .
but since you rarely use it . . . .
confused.gif

Jun 28, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 4
The Nano Plus runs on a single AAA battery, which is easy to replace when it runs out ... which can be good when you're on the go. In your situation, sheer capacity is not the priority. And the Nano Plus will serve as a fine back-up player when you've saved up and gotten something with higher capacity down the road.

Jun 29, 2006 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 4
damn this hobby

i'm now the happy (and now poorer) owner of a zen micro photo, question is, which amp to cut from my build list, m^3, millet hybrid, or the smd ppa

i'm both
icon10.gif
and
frown.gif
but at least i can do a little bit of hacking to my cars center consol to work in a aux input
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back