New Portable Player "DP_I" from Little Dot
May 9, 2010 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

pekingduck

Headphoneus Supremus
Check out some pics of the 3D model at http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=863741&fpage=0&toread=&page=1

It's 100% a music player and doesn't support video playback.

Features:
  CPU: ARM9
  Swappable head amp bay, just like the Hifiman
  Supports SD/SDHC cards up to 32G
  Uses Wolfson WM8740 as the DAC chip
  Battery can be charged via USB
  3.5mm headphone out, lineout and digital out (Optical)
  Digital IN: can act as a DAC+amp combo
  Supports FLAC and mp3 (other formats not mentioned)

Tentative release date: Sometime in July
Price:  USD $300-350

Sword Yang also mentioned he'll be working on a desktop version later this year.

May 9, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #3 of 60
Well I don't think the fuze can double as a DAC and has swappable amp module
wink.gif

Let's hope the SQ can live up to its price, though
normal_smile .gif

May 9, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #6 of 60
This might actually be a competitor to the hifiman, so $350.00 is nothing really.

May 9, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #7 of 60
Interesting: expandable memory, FLAC and the promise of good audio quality.
But I wonder about the battery life, I hate devices that need to be charged every day.

May 9, 2010 at 7:37 AM Post #8 of 60

Quote:
Interesting: expandable memory, FLAC and the promise of good audio quality.
But I wonder about the battery life, I hate devices that need to be charged every day.

Battery life around 15 hours

May 9, 2010 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 60
It's good to see another entry in the hi-end DAP category. Exandable memory a BIG plus. But at that price it better have amazing SQ, because the usability is likely to be rudimentry by today's standards.

Hifiman is so expensive that I would rather get another pair of cans at that price so I am at least intrigued.

May 9, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #13 of 60

Quote:
Comparing this to a Sansa Fuze is totally missing the point of Little Dot's unit.  They are obviously shooting for a high-end DAP solution.

x2

I have no idea since when the Sansa became a 'reference' for other DAPs. I owned about 5 Clips (both normal and +) and most of time, I felt it's just an average sounding DAP, good for the money.

Anyway, I must agree these 'audiophile' DAPs (801, DP_1, AMP) are so ugly.

May 9, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #14 of 60

Quote:
interesting dap, but for 250$ one can buy sansa clip+headstage arrow...

Quote:
it looks ugly. id rather go with the s:flo2

It's funny cause if you read through the thread using google translate they specificaly bring up the the T51 and the person who is desinging it says T51 is mainly video player. I doubt anyone here in the states that has bought an  SFLO:2/T51 actually watches video on it :) So they have brough up the SFLO a few times in  comparing it to this device.

On the whole it looks interesting and I'll be keeping an eye on it's progress.

May 9, 2010 at 11:26 AM Post #15 of 60

Quote:
x2

I have no idea since when the Sansa became a 'reference' for other DAPs. I owned about 5 Clips (both normal and +) and most of time, I felt it's just an average sounding DAP, good for the money.

Anyway, I must agree these 'audiophile' DAPs (801, DP_1, AMP) are so ugly.

We are seeing here a big push for the clip+ and fuse by a few people here, almost to the point of trolling threads for every other DAP. Ironically it seems the sansa players are becoming  the new FOTM even though those that push it here claim they are combating these new high end FOTM Daps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back