New portable Headphones (IEM?) up to 500 bucks
Feb 19, 2013 at 2:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iceman650

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, 

after saving up some money after my birthday, christmas and other stuff, I am now again looking for new headphones.
Therefore, i am looking for something like the DT1350 or an IEM.

Most time, i am listening to rock (Slayer, Metallica, but also Depeche Mode or ZZ Top), but i also like calmer stuff like Johnny Cash or Katie Melua. Also some electronical music should be on my list, also here nearly everything, represented by Prodigy or even van Buuren.

I'd like my headphones to be closed and i want to use it on my Galaxy SII and my Asus Essence STX, but i would also buy some Sandisk Sansa since it is technically good and not too expensive.

I owned some and tested several other headphones for you to understand what I like, so here some of my impressions:

-Beyer DT880: Basically good headphones. Slightly more bass and less Beyerpeak would be perfect. Better bass- and treblequality would be nice.

-Beyer T70: Better than DT880, but mids way too coloured.

-Westone 4: My personal reference. Without attracting attention being sharp like a laser. (IMO :p)

-Shure SRH1840: Just like the W4, but i disliked the mids, acoustic guitars for an example sounded "hollow".

Thank you all in advance and greetings from germany, Marc

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Hi guys, 

after saving up some money after my birthday, christmas and other stuff, I am now again looking for new headphones.
Therefore, i am looking for something like the DT1350 or an IEM.

Most time, i am listening to rock (Slayer, Metallica, but also Depeche Mode or ZZ Top), but i also like calmer stuff like Johnny Cash or Katie Melua. Also some electronical music should be on my list, also here nearly everything, represented by Prodigy or even van Buuren.

I'd like my headphones to be closed and i want to use it on my Galaxy SII and my Asus Essence STX, but i would also buy some Sandisk Sansa since it is technically good and not too expensive.

I owned some and tested several other headphones for you to understand what I like, so here some of my impressions:

-Beyer DT880: Basically good headphones. Slightly more bass and less Beyerpeak would be perfect. Better bass- and treblequality would be nice.

-Beyer T70: Better than DT880, but mids way too coloured.

-Westone 4: My personal reference. Without attracting attention being sharp like a laser. (IMO :p)

-Shure SRH1840: Just like the W4, but i disliked the mids, acoustic guitars for an example sounded "hollow".

Thank you all in advance and greetings from germany, Marc

W4 would be an excellent choice, so will Heir 4.Ai

I haven't heard 4.Ai myself, but I have 3.Ai and absolutely love it, so I would assume that 4.Ai would have an awesome sound too, albeit different signature.

Have a look also at Cosmic Ears CIEM, find a member called 'Swimsonny' and consult him with his, he is a Cosmic Ears fanboi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back