New Portable Carry Suggestions ~$400 AUD
Oct 16, 2014 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

iMech

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm in the market for a set of portable headphones, I copy pasta'd the template from r/headphones where I wasn't getting much help. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out a bit more ;D

Budget - I'm Looking to spend up to around $400 AUD but can stretch that higher if anyone has some suggestions for a new Source as well. I've come to really like the M50x's, I've also been trying to find a new source device that isn't my phone any suggestions would be great if I could get both a set of nice cans and a new source. I'm also trying to look ahead towards a portable amplifier so I can continue to upgrade as I go, The amp however does not have to be included in these costs as its more a late game purchase I've want to start looking into.

Source - Currently my phone, Samsung Gs2, and on the odd occasion an ipod 120gb classic that has been rockboxed ~ Batterys are shagged on both, Lol.

Preferred Type of Headphone - I'd prefer closed, Over ear headphones. They will be used when on public transport and walking to - from class. However I don't mind overly all that much about leakage provided I can't hear everyone around me.

Preferred tonal balance - I think I'm much more fond a bass heavier headphone. Past headphones - I use Audio Technica ATH-AD700s at the moment I love them but they're my at home Gaming ones. Also had the Yamaha eph-100s, They broke Great sounding but the cable felt really fragile and they grew uncomfortable after extended use.

Preferred Music - I listen to a large variety of music but the dominant genre would have to be Electronic, House, etc.

Location - Adelaide Australia, If anyone has links or places here they buy headphones please let me know also :D

Thanks! iMech

Oct 16, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 2
I'll suggest the Sennheiser Momentum, but with summer coming over there things might get a bit humid in there..!

Also the SoundMAGIC HP100 or HP150 - the HP100 is better suited and cheaper but again - may get sweaty.

The new Sennheiser Urbanite will do it - velour earpads and a lovely smooth bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back