1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New portable amp

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by hockeyb213, May 30, 2010.
First

Back
  1. hockeyb213 Contributor
    I just got a email back from Ray so I should be all set to buy the protector. I am interested to see if Ray or someone else will release a portable balanced dac in the near future for a real nice portable balanced computer rig

2. SoupRKnowva
    oh cool, you dont mess around. You'll have to let us know how you think it compares to the apache, though i know itll be from memory.

3. hockeyb213 Contributor
    Yeah I am just getting my apache out and I should have the protector this week so I will be able to pretty accurately compare them. Though from what I have spoken to Craig about supposedly it compares pretty favorably for the jh-13's :p

4. warp08
    My vote is on the JH16Pro/Protector combo out of an iMod.  I much prefer to listen to the TTVJ Slim/JH13Pro from the same source.  I've tried the reverse combo as well, but the JH16s can bring so much more out of the Protector than its younger sibling, I just had to switch back after a few hours of listening.

Each to his/her own, I guess.  I do appreciate instrument separation and sparkle, but I also tend to gravitate towards a slightly warmer sound signature. To my ears, it sounds just more natural.

First

Back