New portable amp
Jan 7, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2 of 8
Jan 7, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 8
Sometimes I don't understand the combination of hard costs and labor. You can buy the iPod to mini adapter for 12 dollars, which is pretty easy to stamp out and manufacture but the amp, in this case using the name from Grado (which doesn't seem right) sells for just 18 dollars more for a total of 30 dollars (I have seen some of the conditions for this type of work in China and it can range from great to beyond belief). Well some people love the sound of the RA1 so here is an opportunity to buy one (it appears from the parts) for 30 dollars plus a very small shipping cost.

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #4 of 8
True Jam, I'm always amazed at the quality those 13 years olds put out over there! You also know I won't buy Chinese products for this very reason.

Wonder what kind of support came with that baby :-0

Jan 7, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The RA-1 and Cmoy circuits are basically the same thing. Also this RA-1 costs $38 not $350
smily_headphones1.gif
And you can use some better opamp too.

If your paying $350.00 for a CMOY you need to change your Avatar title to "Don't know how to shop"!!!

Jan 7, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #6 of 8
I couldn't help it Shop, I love your avatar and I'm also sure you were talking Toma/Pico amps but the way it read cracked me up:wink:

Jan 8, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #8 of 8
I'm currently trying out several pictured here. I'll let you know what it looks like inwards soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back