New Porcupine Tree album
Feb 1, 2008 at 6:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

eric5469

100+ Head-Fier
Burning Shed is taking preorders for the new live "We Lost the Skyline" cd which will ship Feb.11. It has 8 songs with Steven Wilson and John Wesley only from an in-store in orlando in Oct. Has some good songs on it. Just in case somebody didn't know. I know I'm excited. Sound quality should be pretty good.

Feb 1, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 10
Whats the point of this album? Is it just steve wilson performing alone for the first few songs and then wesley sings along? This seems more like a money making gimmick than anything else. I really dont see why it says its a PT release, more like a steve wilson solo project.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love PT, and they are my favourite band. But this is a dissapointing release IMHO.

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 10
it's an acoustic cd , and has some rare songs that I don't think were ever performed live .
so i think it's worth it , it would be intresting to hear a 4 mins version of "The sky moved sideways" .

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 10
From the version of Lazarus that they have up from the album it sounds like it will be pretty good, even if it isn't really anything new, an acoustic album can be a good thing. I'm interested to hear the rest of it.

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 10
I wasn't super impressed with FOBP. so...yeah, I might skip this one over...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back