New Pocket Reference is Close
Aug 21, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by widds2v
Hopefully this PR is small enough to go in the pocket. My v2 PR is more of a transportable,

That's the main point of the new PR. Final dimensions have not been announced, but I believe it is slightly larger overall than the AE-1.

Aug 21, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #18 of 25
anyone know if this is the definate design of the amp? Im interested in checking it out, but I also noticed that the RCA jacks are very close together which would mean there will be issues fitting some RCA connectors into it.

Aug 21, 2005 at 4:10 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
anyone know if this is the definate design of the amp? Im interested in checking it out, but I also noticed that the RCA jacks are very close together which would mean there will be issues fitting some RCA connectors into it.

I believe the rca connectors are on the pcb so the spacing is not likely to be changed as the pcb design is done now. Whether the next run of the pcb will be modified I presume will come out of comments from users, such as the rca connectors are too close
wink.gif

Steve

Aug 21, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #20 of 25
The casing looks wicked cool. At this rate, with all the new portable amps coming out though, I'm never going to be able to make a decision.

Aug 22, 2005 at 3:47 AM Post #21 of 25
Thanks to some of the comments here I believe, there will be some modifications to the finished product. There will be a mini jack and an RCA Jack. The designer originally went RCA only because he felt they were more reliable. He will not however, guarantee the mini-jack for the life of the amp as he will the rest of the unit. Also, the spacing between the RCA jacks will be .65 inches. This should accomodate larger ICs. It seems like the final dimensions for the amp will be 4.2L X 3W X 1.16H. Seems pretty pocketable to me!

Aug 22, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #22 of 25
well,

all one would have to do is make a flexible short cable with Right angle rca connectors to mini connector, that would probably be the next best thing for portability over the standard mini cables used.

the spacing between the jacks still bother me though.

Aug 22, 2005 at 12:25 PM Post #23 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
the spacing between the jacks still bother me though.

What do you believe should be the spacing between RCA jacks, center to center?

Aug 22, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #25 of 25
I know it is hard to believe, but I am sure this cable would do nicely. It may be a little long, but it is Flexible, small RCA jacks, sounds great and the price is right. It may not look like a fire hose or have pretty jacks, but it gets the job done.

parts express cable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back