NEW! Pioneer SE-MJ751 Bass Head headphones unboxing & impressions (updated)
Sep 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #61 of 101
hiiiiiii i`m new here. I am from Portugal. I got these pioneer se mj751 about two weeks ago, and i`ve realy enjoyed this heaphones!!!! The sound is very clean, the bass is very clean, its smooth, i realy like it. I´ve seen a post, of someone that compares this to a akg heaphone, and i disagree, beacause, comparing this phones to the agk is the same to compare hephones that the function is the bass, and the other the vocals. The pioneer have a hot sound "pure bass" and the akg are cold "vocals". The only complain that i have with this heaphones, is that they are uncomfortable, for long sessions. And another thing, don`t forget that these heaphones are stylish, and i kind of desagree when comparing these to the sony xb700, because, i don`t think that people would use the sony on the street, because they are ugly. I got these for 90 euros. Ahhhh i would also know if we can find a solution, to make these heaphones more comfortable! :wink:

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #62 of 101
Quote:
hiiiiiii i`m new here. I am from Portugal. I got these pioneer se mj751 about two weeks ago, and i`ve realy enjoyed this heaphones!!!! The sound is very clean, the bass is very clean, its smooth, i realy like it. I´ve seen a post, of someone that compares this to a akg heaphone, and i disagree, beacause, comparing this phones to the agk is the same to compare hephones that the function is the bass, and the other the vocals. The pioneer have a hot sound "pure bass" and the akg are cold "vocals". The only complain that i have with this heaphones, is that they are uncomfortable, for long sessions. And another thing, don`t forget that these heaphones are stylish, and i kind of desagree when comparing these to the sony xb700, because, i don`t think that people would use the sony on the street, because they are ugly. I got these for 90 euros. Ahhhh i would also know if we can find a solution, to make these heaphones more comfortable! :wink:

Hi Fabricio, welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry about your wallet!

I've found that if I store them around some books or DVDs when I'm not using them, then they are always properly stretched out for use whenever I need them.  If you use something that is 80% the width of your head, that should be fine.  
smile.gif

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #64 of 101
Quote:
"and sorry about your wallet!"
 what? i don´t get it...
ahhh and thank you for the help

LOL, that is something we say to new members.  It is a tradition around here.

You will understand soon.  Because even though you like the SE-MJ751 now, that will not be your last headphone.  Soon, you will want another, and another, and so on as you get used to better and better sound.

And then you will want amps, and DACs, and other related equipment.  Before you know it, your wallet will be empty - but you will be happy!

And of course, you are welcome for the help, anytime. 
smile.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #65 of 101
Aahahahahahaha totaly agree, my first heaphones were a wesc, of midle price about 40 euros, then i`ve had a philips, just a litle bit better, but nothing relevant, and then i`ve achieved another level with these ones.
I thought that when you said " sorry about your wallet" you were saying that the heaphones didn`t value the money!

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #66 of 101
Quote:
Aahahahahahaha totaly agree, my first heaphones were a wesc, of midle price about 40 euros, then i`ve had a philips, just a litle bit better, but nothing relevant, and then i`ve achieved another level with these ones.
I thought that when you said " sorry about your wallet" you were saying that the heaphones didn`t value the money!

LOL, no.  These headphones are a VERY good value for the money.

Just out of curiosity, do you have one preferred setting for the bass dial?  Or do you change it all the time depending on the song?

But now that you know why we say it, it will be your job to say it to all new members as well. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #67 of 101
Quote:
LOL, no.  These headphones are a VERY good value for the money.  
Just out of curiosity, do you have one preferred setting for the bass dial?  Or do you change it all the time depending on the song?

But now that you know why we say it, it will be your job to say it to all new members as well.

Hahahahah, well most of the time i don`t change the bass dial, because, as i listen most of the time electronic music, such as, house, trance, a litle bit of dubstep, electro, i like it at the top, on the max level!
However, i think that it is a very usefull function, and for example, when you want to relax, with melodic musics, and you still listen a litle bit of that "bommm" you can turn it down.

Sep 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #68 of 101
Quote:
Hahahahah, well most of the time i don`t change the bass dial, because, as i listen most of the time electronic music, such as, house, trance, a litle bit of dubstep, electro, i like it at the top, on the max level!
However, i think that it is a very usefull function, and for example, when you want to relax, with melodic musics, and you still listen a litle bit of that "bommm" you can turn it down.

Gotcha.  I usually have mine near the halfway point (where the hinge of the bails are).  For me, that seems to be the sweetspot for general listening. 

Sep 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM Post #69 of 101
Quote:
anybody see phelps sol republics? Which came first, the pioneer or the republics....forget about the dre. These babies were def copied from sol republic, haha...though sol did it better.

Oops, totally missed this post.  Sorry 'bout that, didn't mean to leave you hanging.

I honestly don't know.  The SE-MJ751 first poped up on my radar around March of 2012 (but they were already on sale by then).  I don't remember when they debuted.  I heard about Sol Republic Tracks (don't know if those are the ones that Phelps had) around December of 2011 (but I don't know if they were on sale then).

Sep 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #71 of 101
Hey smallrewards, long time no see!

How are things in the land of the rising sun?

Had to give up my MJ751 btw...  Really good friend needed cans, and he liked them, so I couldn't say no.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #72 of 101
I saw on a youtube review that they leak sound quite badly. Has this been your experience with them? I want to get them because I'm interested in hearing the dual drivers, but I hate leaking sound from headphones. I listen to headphones mostly while I'm out and about on public transport etc, and I don't want to bother others with my music.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #73 of 101
Quote:
I saw on a youtube review that they leak sound quite badly. Has this been your experience with them? I want to get them because I'm interested in hearing the dual drivers, but I hate leaking sound from headphones. I listen to headphones mostly while I'm out and about on public transport etc, and I don't want to bother others with my music.

I would have to say no, this has not been my experience - not at all.  Mind sharing a link to the YT review?  I'd kinda like to see that. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back