New Pioneer IEM SE-CLX9
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

luckypictures

500+ Head-Fier
PRESS RELEASE:
Canal type headphones are the best solution when it comes to getting great sound in the most compact package, and today Pioneer just announced 2 new canal type headphones: the SE-CLX9 and 7, which are both using the same technology, and which produce 105dB with a maximum output of 100mW, an impedance of 32Ω, and work on a bandwidth of 20Hz to 20kHz. The only difference between the two of them is the material used to make them: aluminum for the CLX9, and simple metal for the CLX7. Well, actually the best is yet to come; Pioneer offers us a unique way to rediscover music, by offering the possibility to change your music experience, thanks to five different nozzles that are coming with each headset: you will be able to choose from High Tune 1, High Tune2, Standard, Bass Tune1, and Bass Tune 2.

MORE PICTURES HERE

Pioneer_SE-CLX9.jpg

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 19
Er... gimmicks much?

The pakaging looks fantastic though.

Oct 5, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #4 of 19
I do believe these lean towards the gimmicky side as I would rather have an IEM that sounds all around good, rather than a fussy one that has several different sounds based on included accessories

Oct 5, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 19
I think it'll be rather interesting to be able to change the driver housing.

Oct 6, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #10 of 19
The Sleek Audio concept is better. They allow to adjust both bass and treble while these only let you choose either a treble tune or bass tune nozzle. Allowing adjustment of both is more flexible.

Nov 4, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #11 of 19
A little bump for these guys. They aren't out yet but are up on Audiocubes. $119 for the CLX7 and $199 for the CLX9. These are armature based. There is more than just the construction difference as only the CLX9 has the switchable tuning ports. IMO, the CLX7 is the looker of the two. Maybe the better deal too if you'd like the standard sound the best. Looks like they have the wider soundtubes and take standard EX size tips so these should have a better soundstage than the other skinny tube armature based phones. The adjustable fit pieces may allow better control of microphonics without having to wear them over the ear. These would not seem to be able to wear over the ear without reversing L and R since they are curved forward.

They look good actually, but probably best to wait on a few reviews to see about the fit/microphonics and if the SQ is worth it for single armature phones.

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:51 AM Post #12 of 19
Just curious on whether anyone has a review or feedback on these phones. I'm seriously considering them, and would like to find a review or at least some quick impressions from someone that has purchased a pair. If anyone has, please post your impressions here. Thanks much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back