New Pinkfloyd Xfeed is now available!
Jan 30, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #31 of 37
Well anyway Mike the X-feed is on the way back, and not because of the components you used, I was pretty satisfied with them, I just peek it inside, and it was a very nice job, but honestly I do not feel the need of using it, the effect is so subtle to my ears, that is almost none...maybe my recordings do not need it so much, and that is why it doesn't make any noticeable change...I have none of those Beatles recordings you suggested me to try, so I was not able to fully test it.....but if you even increased the quality of the parts......Guys, Pink X-Feed is a master piece, if you need it, this is the one to go for.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #32 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Well anyway Mike the X-feed is on the way back, and not because of the components you used, I was pretty satisfied with them, I just peek it inside, and it was a very nice job, but honestly I do not feel the need of using it, the effect is so subtle to my ears, that is almost none...maybe my recordings do not need it so much, and that is why it doesn't make any noticeable change...I have none of those Beatles recordings you suggested me to try, so I was not able to fully test it.....but if you even increased the quality of the parts......Guys, Pink X-Feed is a master piece, if you need it, this is the one to go for.....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I think we assume it doesn't work with a PPA with live ground? I'll fully check yours out Al but I've got a sneaking suspicion it's a PPA thing. No point in glossing over the issue......... it obviously doesn't work with a PPA with live ground? either that or a connection has loosened (very unlikely as they are encased in hot glue) I can't wait to receive your X-Feed back Al so I can test it on the PPA I've almost completed :)

All the best and thanks for the Al_spiration :)

Pinkie.

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
I think we assume it doesn't work with a PPA with live ground? I'll fully check yours out Al but I've got a sneaking suspicion it's a PPA thing. No point in glossing over the issue......... it obviously doesn't work with a PPA with live ground? either that or a connection has loosened (very unlikely as they are encased in hot glue) I can't wait to receive your X-Feed back Al so I can test it on the PPA I've almost completed :)

All the best and thanks for the Al_spiration :)

Pinkie.

I don't think is a connection, remeber that I checked with the multimeter also, and it was measuring correct, with the switch on and off...so I think is maybe a PPA issue, well if that is the case, let me know as soon as the new PPA version is ready to go..BTW YGEM also, check there is a guy selling some boards that may be a nice offer to get them for future DIY projects....

Jan 30, 2004 at 9:49 PM Post #34 of 37
Quote:

I don't think is a connection, remeber that I checked with the multimeter also, and it was measuring correct, with the switch on and off...so I think is maybe a PPA issue, well if that is the case, let me know as soon as the new PPA version is ready to go..BTW YGEM also, check there is a guy selling some boards that may be a nice offer to get them for future DIY projects....

I'll have a look.

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #35 of 37
Maybe a circuit need a simple mod in order ot make it work with PPA or balanced amps, BTW I;m really curious how Headroom implement the crossfeed in the Blockhead being a balanced amp, it doesn't make sense to me, to make a completely independent two amps, one for each channel and later on mix them in the processor, it brakes the purpose of the balanced amps....

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #36 of 37
dere Quote:

Maybe a circuit need a simple mod in order ot make it work with PPA or balanced amps, BTW I;m really curious how Headroom implement the crossfeed in the Blockhead being a balanced amp, it doesn't make sense to me, to make a completely independent two amps, one for each channel and later on mix them in the processor, it brakes the purpose of the b

alanced amps....

edit

Jan 30, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #37 of 37
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
dere

dere????? Mike, I have enough with the american slang, now you want me to learn the scottish, com'on, man...LOL...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back