New Phones: FS1
Sep 20, 2005 at 4:23 PM Post #3 of 23
Somebody mentioned that they were in development of something new and close to release a couple of months. It's a pretty bold claim to say Quote:

These drivers produce a natural tone and rich, deep bass—even at the lowest volume levels—that surpass the performance of any other earphones on the market

Especially at the $150 price point. I for one am very interested to see how they perform.

Sep 20, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
Somebody mentioned that they were in development of something new and close to release a couple of months. It's a pretty bold claim to say Especially at the $150 price point. I for one am very interested to see how they perform.

yea i would be interested in seeing reviews of these..

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:28 PM Post #7 of 23
Cool, we need more alternatives in this price range. Hopefully they can bring something to the table in terms of sound quality

Sep 20, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 23
sounds like quite a bit of hype. maybe if they were to say best at this price range. but man, for 150, there's ALWAYS someething better
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

These drivers produce a natural tone and rich, deep bass—even at the lowest volume levels—that surpass the performance of any other earphones on the market

That is quite a bold statement.

By the way, where is the specs? I know that does not mean anything, but at least that gives us something to compare to.

Sep 20, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
That is quite a bold statement.

I am taking a wild guess.. they are junk. What headphone company is this again XtremeMac. Unless it is a rebatched canal. No real info on the unit on that page.

Sep 20, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
I am taking a wild guess.. they are junk. What headphone company is this again XtremeMac. Unless it is a rebatched canal. No real info on the unit on that page.

It is by made by futuresonics. FutureSonics has teamed up with XtreamMac, and XtreamMac just helps marketing that.

Do you know FutureSonics EM3? That is made by the same company.

Sep 20, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
It is by made by futuresonics. FutureSonics has teamed up with XtreamMac, and XtreamMac just helps marketing that.

Do you know FutureSonics EM3? That is made by the same company.

ok.. sorry.. missed that.. FutureSonics known for there bassy headphones. So maybe they will compete with UE pro.EB's?

Sep 20, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
ok.. sorry.. missed that.. FutureSonics known for there bassy headphones. So maybe they will compete with UE pro.EB's?

Yeah, and from the article they states they are using dynamic transducer, which is what usually the headphones use. Maybe that is where the bass came from.

Anyway, has to be heard in order to believe it. Anyone here will think that will blow away something like Shure e5c and UM2 -- I do not think so by the way?

Sep 20, 2005 at 8:36 PM Post #14 of 23
This is how FS1 looks in real life, and look at that Quadruple Flanges.

xm1.jpg

Sep 20, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #15 of 23
thanks for the pic, from the website it looked like some aweful silver molded hard plastic. now it looks like a nice set of canalphones. definitely excited to hear a new product in this underrepresented price-range. (but I'll let somebody else preorder them...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back