New 'phones for rock and jazz!
Jun 6, 2009 at 3:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

UncleDavid218

100+ Head-Fier
As my taste in music changes so must my taste in headphones. I started out with the K701 when I was into classical and was wholly impressed. I started to get more into rock (Dave Matthews Band type stuff) and moved to the 325i. These are very good, but I miss the soundstage of the K701. I love how the Grados make guitars sound, but at the same time they're a little too bright for my tastes. I'm also now moving into Marley, Coltrane, and Miles Davis.

What headphone do you recommend in the sub $500 price range for my needs? The amp I have now is the Little Dot I+ but I'm definitely willing to upgrade that. I'd like something that will possibly match well with a good tube amp, if possible. I love how these things sound.

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:21 AM Post #4 of 6
Do you really think I'd benefit from the higher end Grados? I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe I can do the RS-2 + K701?

Jun 6, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Hey Uncle , go for the GS1000 , as a listener of jazz myself it is the best i have heard. The price you pay in the U.S. is half what we pay in the U.K. , take advantage. I've yet to hear the improved 1000i as dealers in the U.K. tend not to have them on demo.

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleDavid218 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really think I'd benefit from the higher end Grados? I was kind of thinking the same thing. Maybe I can do the RS-2 + K701?

You can get the K701 used on the for sale forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back