New phones after D1001's help please
Apr 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

pizlo

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I've had my D1001's for less than 10 months and have been using them heavily as portable cans. First the stock cable went. I rewired and they were better than before. Then the new wire went (strange it was mogami) and I soldered it back up. Then the slightly bent jack on the phones pauses my slightly messed up Ipod a lot during songs and I cant really fix this. Last night my left ear cup snapped off from the headband....
So I think it is clear that the denons were not meant to get dragged everywhere with me and thrown into backpacks etc...

So now I need a replacement, but I don't have the budget to be upgrading. I have an offer to get the es7's for 70 US shipped which sounds great to me. The only other thoughts of mine were:
Esw9: I beleive that is the name of the cherry wood clip ons. These are more expensive, but i like the look and the portability aspect, how does the sound compare?

Monster Turbines: I've heard good things about these and I could afford them. I like the idea that they are verry verry portable, and more descreet. My questions are on this one, How will the sound stack up to the denons r the es7. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back