New Philips Headphones!
Feb 19, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 11
They are definitely out...  Got my review sample already, pleasantly surprised with the Downtown right now.  It's not bass heavy (rather mid and high-end focused).  The Underground has a bass-heavy signature though.  Still good, but nothing compared to the Downtown. 

​
 ​

Feb 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Wow0_o. They look nice...

They do, it's a nice step away from the glossy design that Apple and Beats have been pushing.  I'll have my review in the coming weeks. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
... I'll have my review in the coming weeks. 

Need someone to proof read your review?   
biggrin.gif

Generally speaking, is the Downtown able to hang with the other big boys in it's class?  ie  HD 25-1, M80, DT 1350

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #9 of 11
Need someone to proof read your review?   
biggrin.gif

Generally speaking, is the Downtown able to hang with the other big boys in it's class?  ie  HD 25-1, M80, DT 1350

I'd love to know this also. Especially how it compares in isolation, soundstage and timbre accuracy. They look gorgeous too. Wish they came in black though.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
I'd love to know this also. Especially how it compares in isolation, soundstage and timbre accuracy. They look gorgeous too. Wish they came in black though.

I don't do too many on/over ear reviews, nor do I own a large enough collection to really compare.  I have plenty of IEMs, and have been reviewing them for about a year now.  I'm just starting to break the plane with on/over ears. 

The downtown's offer more of a mid-to-high centered signature with really great bass quality, but some missing quantity (I'd be wishing for a tad bit more, they aren't anemic like Etymotics, but still can use a speck more similar in fashion to the T15s).  I'm really just hoping for a tad more in the sub-bass here and there.

Mar 9, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #11 of 11

Quote:

They do come in black, there's a total of 3 colorways for the Downtown (white, purple, black). Although from the Amazon pic of it, looks more brown than black.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072B9VW8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back