New Philips Fidelio Headphones
Dec 22, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #17 of 24
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325&tag=headfiorg-20&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2FPhilips-M2BTBK-Wireless-Bluetooth-Headphone%2Fdp%2FB00CK2P8OY

With global shipping.
Amazon normally gives no problem with Returns.
I would just ask them how it works with international shippings, if they accept returns, if the trial time is always 30 days, if they still pay the return shipping costs, etc...

I did not yet find ANY Bluetooth Headhone, On, Over or Around the Ear, which sound better.

I only miss the Sony MDR-1RBT MK2

So.
The Fidelio ARE good. VERY good.
And, if you ever feel they have too much bass, you can EQ them negatively, and/or increase the Highs and mids. They respond very beautifully to EQ, which let see their components are GOOD.
But NO OTHER Bluetooth Headphone I tried (see my other comparison Thread) EVER gives the same QUALITY of bass of the FIdelio, no matter how much you eq them.
Got the message?
If with other Headphones you feel you have too few bass, you NEVER get to the level of the Fidelio.
If the Fidelio you feel you have too much bass, you DO get to the level of the others for quantity, and you still have BETTER quality.

Fidelio wins.

YES, there are cons.
But the Pros are MANY more.

The Fidelio is the ONLY Headphones I tried which EXCITES me. I really WANT to ear to them! I miss them when I do not.
I do not miss ANY other Headphone.

But I am I.

You must try by yourself.

And before saying the Fidelio are the best EVER, I still need to try the SOny MDR-1RBT MK2.

Mar 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 24
I've been using the M2BT since Oct'14 and I must concur that they are good.  So good in fact that I am selling my Beyer DT1350 (I just need to post them - too lazy).  No, they aren't as balanced nor as clear but I can live with that to avoid tangles at the airport in trying to lug around my briefcase and carry-on.  I managed to audition them against the Sony MDR 1RBT which was my other choice, I ended up choosing the Fidelio M2BT mainly because of the sound but also that it was more comfortable and easier to carry around.  The batteries are also amazing - I do 30 min commutes to work everyday so effectively, use them for about 1 - 1.5 hrs a day.  They last almost 2 weeks without recharging if you remember to turn them off when not in use.

I've always considered BT to be of inferior quality but this has APT-X and AAC which, for me is enough as an everyday listen.  I also own a pair of CIEM which I will use in the summer since over the ear cans would be too hot in the Asian summer.  What I do notice sometimes is a slight high pitch buzz but it only happens 20% of the time.  Simply reconnecting the BT resolves the issue.

Unfortunately, having used it so often, the headband stopped retracting (internal mechanism stuck).  Took it to the service centre as it was still under warranty.  Took a week and I was notified today that they will replace the entire headphone. Will pick up my new cans next in the next day or 2.  

To answer some queries I've noticed previously, the company which makes the Fidelio is actually called WOOX, a former subsidiary of Philips, based in Hong Kong,  which was spun off to solely develop high end, fashionable audio devices.  In the summer of 2014, it was sold to Gibson, yes of the guitar fame who also happen to now own Onkyo, Cerwin Vega and other studio equipment companies.

Mar 19, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #19 of 24
To answer some queries I've noticed previously, the company which makes the Fidelio is actually called WOOX, a former subsidiary of Philips, based in Hong Kong,  which was spun off to solely develop high end, fashionable audio devices.  In the summer of 2014, it was sold to Gibson, yes of the guitar fame who also happen to now own Onkyo, Cerwin Vega and other studio equipment companies.

Nice info.
I did not know that, but I had the suspect there was some connection when I have read this some time ago:
http://www.cnet.com/pictures/best-new-wireless-bluetooth-headphones-of-ces-2015/16/
The look is not the same (even if, something in the cups could be similar), but the name...

I finally sent them back. For these reasons:
I have tried the Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT, and they destroy the M2BT. No comparison possible. The ATH are much better in everything.
The only thing where, to be honest, the M2BT are still the best BT Headphones ever (together with the UE9000) is the sub-bass. M2BT and UE9000 have a deep, full-bodied sub-bass, with a dense/solid rumble, which I have not found in any other headphone.
The ATH is more balanced in the bass, being even less bassy out of the box, but able to give an astonishing amount of bass when EQed. Really impressive, the most impressive bass of any other BT Headphone I have tried.
Compared to M2BT and UE9000, the ATH have a more impactful and clean bass with a better balance of Punch and Rumble (also, less subby than the other two, but still subby enough). They have anyway MUCH better mids, of an incredible precision and presence, and very clear, clean highs, with zero sibilance (which I cannot say of the Fidelio).
I would have very very happily kept the Fidelio as my portable pair, but the slowliness of their power button (very slow in connecting, and extremely slow in turning off), plus some occasional connectivity problems, plus the very annoying very bright pulsing LED light, plust the absolutely idiot Power Button which once you have them in the backpack makes them turn on alone if something presses on them, plus the very poor range (ok, this is not a problem when you use them with your phone in the pocket, but, still), plus the horrible Customer Care, made me say "ok, do you know what, I look for other solutions".
And AKG appeared with their Y45BT, which are MUCH more portable, have better mids, costs the half, comes with a very nice circular soft carrying case, have a ultra fast power button, very nice bass (not as the Fidelio, but nice enough to live with them as "on the bus" portable pair), and actually same mediocre highs with same tendency to sibilance.
So, for now I am very happy with this two Headphones.

Feb 17, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #21 of 24
The M1 MKII are only $85 at Amazon right now.  Somewhat tempting to try out.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V3A0LLE/

I hate you for showing me these.

I think I'm going to buy them.

Even with the exchange rate and duties, it's a steal compared to retail in Canada.

Amazon.ca shows them for $300+

These will turn out to be just about $160 all in.

Only catch is the full black ones are not $85, but $150 USD. :'(

Saddens me, because they look so great with the black on grey scheme.

The orange and black doesn't look terrible, but I would've preferred the black on grey.

*sigh*

Only reason I'm getting these is, because of the price, and having recently picked up a pair of Philips Fidelio X2/27s, I quite like the sound signature. I hope these are somewhat similar.

My current daily cans are Beyerdynamic DT-1350cc. Great set, but I'd like to try something new for my commute, and switch it up a bit with something that doesn't cost as much. I paid the full $300 for these locally.

Thanks for the link!

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #22 of 24
  I've been using the M2BT since Oct'14 and I must concur that they are good.  So good in fact that I am selling my Beyer DT1350 (I just need to post them - too lazy).  No, they aren't as balanced nor as clear but I can live with that to avoid tangles at the airport in trying to lug around my briefcase and carry-on. 

I also owned these briefly a while back, loved the sound, but the fit and general applicability wasn't quite to my liking. The NFC was a bit iffy, which is a bummer. Still a great sounding headphone for the money and size.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #24 of 24
hey, the Fidelio M1MKII is 54$ in amazon right now (with additional 33$ import and shipping fees for me). is it worth the upgrade from magaosi k3 pro? I'll use it at home as I use kinera bd005 outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back