New Pass Labs Headphone Amp Thread
Jan 16, 2016 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DannyB

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had the opportunity to hear this amp yet, domestically or internationally? I understand it is just starting to trickle out. 

Check the link below for information if you like.  

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2015-pass-labs-upcoming-headphone-amplifier#z3Tlh7kYRgBr31Wx.97

As a disclaimer, I am personal friends with Jam, the designer, but am not able to tear one out of his hands yet to actually experience it. 

Oct 12, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 2
Has anyone had the opportunity to hear this amp yet, domestically or internationally? I understand it is just starting to trickle out.

Check the link below for information if you like.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/conten...oming-headphone-amplifier#z3Tlh7kYRgBr31Wx.97

As a disclaimer, I am personal friends with Jam, the designer, but am not able to tear one out of his hands yet to actually experience it.

This thread is quite old and I left an initial impressions post on the HPA-1 loaner program thread, but there seems to be very little out there on this amp, which may be a sign of the limited target demographic for this beauty. Some good reviews on the Loaner thread and I've only listened critically thru hour 40-50 of the burn in so far, but I did fit the demographic of the end user who wants the PASS on sonic merits alone. Right out of the box it was 100% improvement over my 4 watt Burson Soloist with a much larger soundstage, precise imaging and performer placement, much improved detail and clarity across the range with noticeably better decay, air and space, but the involvement of being there was probably number one. HPA-1 gets it right, which PASS is known for. All mentioned benefits came after re-cabling from stock pc and AQ Water to Analysis Plus cables and pc. Haven't tested the pre-amp section yet, but enjoying the burn in. I hope this post is ok and not too redundant. feel free to PM me for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back