"new" Panasonic FM vs FC caps??
Sep 1, 2004 at 1:32 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent
Panasonic is a Japanese company. I've seen nothing that says their caps aren't made in Japan.

But the datasheet for FC and FM caps say:
"Country of Origin

Japan
Malaysia
China"

Not like it really matters where they come from; I'm sure Panasonic has good QA.

Sep 1, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #17 of 18
Tangent,

I just checked all 6 values of Panasonic FC and 2 values of NHG, that I had on hand. Turns out the country of origin on all of them was Malaysia. I also had a stack of 18,000uF Panasonic HA, I was planning on making an Aleph 3 out of. The country of origin on those was the USA. I must have been drooling over those big capacitors and looking at those caps a lot, because the country of origin on those was the one to stay in my mind.

All 3 values of Nichicon PW I had on hand were from Japan. Not that the country of origin in and of themselves means that much. It's just that I remember someone on diyAudio.com saying that certain brands of Japanese capacitors had considerably better high-frequency characteristics than our much cherished FCs.

Just to clarify: I'm interested in knowing if there's a difference in performance between Panasonic/Matsu****a vs. other specific brands. Especially Nichicons, because D-K is stocking them.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:04 AM Post #18 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by greyhorse
Tangent,

I just checked all 6 values of Panasonic FC and 2 values of NHG, that I had on hand. Turns out the country of origin on all of them was Malaysia. I also had a stack of 18,000uF Panasonic HA, I was planning on making an Aleph 3 out of. The country of origin on those was the USA. I must have been drooling over those big capacitors and looking at those caps a lot, because the country of origin on those was the one to stay in my mind.

All 3 values of Nichicon PW I had on hand were from Japan. Not that the country of origin in and of themselves means that much. It's just that I remember someone on diyAudio.com saying that certain brands of Japanese capacitors had considerably better high-frequency characteristics than our much cherished FCs.

Just to clarify: I'm interested in knowing if there's a difference in performance between Panasonic/Matsu****a vs. other specific brands. Especially Nichicons, because D-K is stocking them.

What's "high frequency mean?" Is that relevant to audio applications? Just a question, I'm clueless here. And are they talking about the Nichicon Muse or the UPW & UHE?

BTW, the bag for my FMs is marked: origin Malaysia.

Also, just checked the datasheets, UHE seem to be rated similarly to FC, and the FM has better specs (someone crrect me if I'm reading those datasheets incorrectly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back