New pair of headphones
Apr 17, 2020 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mr.Marko448

New Head-Fier
Hi!
I am looking to get myself some new headphones that i will use with my computer in my room. I currently own sennheiser HD1 which i use for strolling down the city, but i would love to try out some of the open back headphones. As i listen to all type of music such as trance, rock, metal, EDM ect. i would love to get headphones that are good for everything and have a good punchy bass. I was thinking of buying Hifiman Sundara headphones but i don't want to get involved in a bad quality control situation. Another headphones that i was looking into were beyerdynamic 1990 pro and Sennheiser HD600. But i am afraid that Sennheiser ones will lack some of the bass i would like to have. If that would be the case, would buying a good amp that can increase bass solve the problem? if so, what are some good amps under 150 that can boost bass?

Apr 18, 2020 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 2
The HD600 dont lack bass. No idea how people claim that they're bass anaemic. If bass is your priority, consider the Denon/Fostex/Massdrop variants.

This is how:

1587190643874.png

People complained the HD800 was bass light and it's much bassier than the HD600.

But i am afraid that Sennheiser ones will lack some of the bass i would like to have. If that would be the case, would buying a good amp that can increase bass solve the problem?

No, it won't.

You'll have trouble finding something more bassy than the HD1 in an open back headphone.

Here's the Sennheiser Momentum (I think it's the same as the HD1):

1587192026728.png

Here's a comparison of the HD600 vs some bassier headphones.

1587191179929.png

Though none of them have as good bass extension as the HD1.

One that should come close is the Audioquest Nighthawk:

1587191761960.png

They go for around what the HD600 does used on eBay.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back