New pair of extremely comfortable headphones?
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

silentshuan

New Head-Fier
For the past few years I have been contempt with my Sennheiser HD 650's but I am starting to want something more comfortable than these. Yes they are already fairly comfortable but over extended periods of time they can cause my ears to hurt. So I decided to do some research on some new headphones and I was pretty close to buying a pair of Audio Technica ATH-A900X's considering the split headband and overall comfortable looking design. 

My question is does anyone have experience using Sennheiser HD 650's, and a similar pair of Audio Technica? And if so is the sound quality comparable? I'm not aiming to upgrade in sound quality because I don't want to spend over 250 dollars, but I am looking for something that sounds good enough for me to not be turned off by the quality of the sound, but also extremely comfortable. I also admittedly have been missing having a heavier bass reproduction with my headphones. I am open to suggestions and absolutely willing to pay a bit more if there is an option that is both extremely comfortable and great sounding out there.

Mar 4, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Also I forgot to include what I was planning on buying

I found these after doing a bit of research and I am willing to wait for something to be shipped from japan especially for the cheaper price

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TCZIQA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BUI55Z0H0YNG

I did want to get closed back this time as I wanted heavier bass, but I wouldn't mind a pair with semi open backing.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 6
  Also I forgot to include what I was planning on buying

I found these after doing a bit of research and I am willing to wait for something to be shipped from japan especially for the cheaper price

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TCZIQA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BUI55Z0H0YNG

I did want to get closed back this time as I wanted heavier bass, but I wouldn't mind a pair with semi open backing.

Investigate the Philips X2s. They might be right up your alley. I have them, and the HD650s, and I prefer the X2s for many genres.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 6
These look pretty nice, how is the bass reproduction? and I am guessing the comfort is pretty good considering how they look. I know the audio technicas are light weight but I am not sure I would really like the head band style as I prefer something that is snug on my head.

Mar 4, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 6
  These look pretty nice, how is the bass reproduction? and I am guessing the comfort is pretty good considering how they look. I know the audio technicas are light weight but I am not sure I would really like the head band style as I prefer something that is snug on my head.

Well, I much prefer them to the HD650s as far as comfort. And, they have a very nice bass boost compared to the 650s. 

Visit the X2 thread and ask for other comparisons.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/723025/philips-fidelio-x2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back