New Owner..... Odd issue w/ certain files...........
Feb 8, 2014 at 11:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mchoop

New Head-Fier
Just received my X3 this afternoon so after updating the firmware,  I spent some time loading files.  Two files(entire albums) and both coincidentally at 96/24 rate,   play back like they're in "slow motion".... imagine a vinyl album  rotating slower than 33 rpm.   At first,  I thought it was just a corrupt file so I deleted the selection and re-downloaded it but it still does it.  Another selection does it as well.  Both of the selections are fine.... they play normally on my laptop and in my AIOS media player.   Any ideas?

McHoop

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #2 of 3
  Just received my X3 this afternoon so after updating the firmware,  I spent some time loading files.  Two files(entire albums) and both coincidentally at 96/24 rate,   play back like they're in "slow motion".... imagine a vinyl album  rotating slower than 33 rpm.   At first,  I thought it was just a corrupt file so I deleted the selection and re-downloaded it but it still does it.  Another selection does it as well.  Both of the selections are fine.... they play normally on my laptop and in my AIOS media player.   Any ideas?

McHoop

I think that this can happen if you have too many channels in the files (e.g. 5.1 surround). It's worth checking that they have only two (i.e. stereo).

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #3 of 3
And I think you're right!  In fact,  after I went to bed and was thinking about this and realized both of the effected albums were indeed 5.1 files.

McHoop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back