NEW Opeth Album(s)!!!
Oct 19, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #16 of 22
Since I too am new to Opeth I checked out that interview. I only have Blackwater Park, which I like but only sometimes. In the interview Mikael Akerfeldt said "I think the entire "MAYH" has a feeling that really makes you feel uneasy. It's a once in a lifetime thing…We can't do that album again. Maybe the pinnacle achievement of that CD is "Demon of the fall", I don't know, but it's definitely one of our most brutal songs ever."
This made My Arms Your Hearse sound very interesting to me. So, I ordered it yesterday. I like once in a lifetime things. I'll see how well I like that album before making a decision on getting the new album.

Oct 30, 2002 at 8:58 PM Post #19 of 22
While trying out KR's link I found this posted on the 27th.
Quote:

According to PORCUPINE TREE vocalist and OPETH producer Steve Wilson, Opeth's Damnation should be able to appeal to the mainstream. "I think with the mellower album, Damnation, Opeth will really have the potential to gain access to a larger fanbase. If that album gets to the right people, Opeth definitely has the ability to crossover into the mainstream." .........
Opeth’s Deliverance album will be available in limited edition digi-pak from November 3rd in Europe via Music For Nations.

I am wondering how they can be mellower than Blackwater Park and still fit in the catagory their in.

BTW KR; I like My Arms Your Hearse better than Blackwater Park. At least on this first listen.

Nov 13, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
I received notice from Amazon that my copy of Deliverance shipped yesterday. I can hardly wait to hear this disc. Anyone have a copy yet?

OMG
Why did you order from Amazon? I got my copy last week from The End and already posted impressions at the "dark" thread.
Can't beat The End for dark metal..........
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back