NEW Opeth Album(s)!!!
Oct 14, 2002 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
From the Opeth website :

Exclusive first peek at the cover for "Deliverance" provided by the official site. Note that changes can be made, this is only a rough version. We can now also confirm the songtitles for "Deliverance".
They are:
1. Wreath
2. Deliverance
3. A fair judgement
4. For absent friends (Instrumental)
5. Master's apprentices
6. By the pain I see in others

Opeth recently returned home from the small town of Ripley (UK) where the band mixed the first part of the upcoming double release together with legendary mix-mogul Andy Sneap. The 6 titles spans over a total running time just over 61 minutes.

As for the 2nd part, "Damnation", Mikael will return to the UK during October to finish of the vocal tracks together with producer Steven Wilson at his No mans land studio.

Release date for "Deliverance" is confirmed for the 4th of November (Europe) + 11th of November (US). Rest of the world: No idea right now. "Damnation" will follow with a March 2003 release.

Click here to see the cover artwork

Oct 15, 2002 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 22
WOW...Thanks KR...

I just pre-ordered my copy!

cool.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
metal...

pukeface.gif

[Moderator mode: ON]

In the music forum, please don't crap on threads just because you don't like the music being discussed. If you don't like a type of music, just avoid the threads.

I quoted Tim's message, but this reminder goes for everyone; this happens far too often in the music forum.

[Moderator mode: OFF]
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2002 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 22
I will of course buy this when in stock as well as new Lacuna Coil.

My only reservation is what if this is later released as a 2 CD set with bonus tracks etc next summer? They keep talking about this like both Cds are 2 parts of a single project..........
confused.gif

Oct 18, 2002 at 12:36 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
Hey, I'm a budding Opeth fan, can you guys give me some suggestions for their other CDs?

btw Tim Schirmer you're a *******.
cool.gif

until now Opeth have released 5 albums-all of them First Class works. Their last - Blackwater Park (and perhaps Morningrise) - are considered by some to be their best, but as I said ALL are great. You can find more info about them at these links:
http://www.bnrmetal.com/
http://pages.infinit.net/jpmorin/music/opeth.htm
http://musica.mustdie.ru/en/band/opeth/

Oct 18, 2002 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 22
Oct 18, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #14 of 22
Frontman needs some expectorant.
They can certainly play though...

Oct 19, 2002 at 6:13 AM Post #15 of 22
Thanks for the heads-up, KR! Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
They keep talking about this like both Cds are 2 parts of a single project..........
confused.gif

I think what this announcement is saying is that this is no longer the case -- that these two disks are no longer going to be released at the same time. To me, that was the crux of this announcement.

PS Thanks for the mention of Lacuna Coil -- looking forward to that, as well.

HD-5000 -- what ArChaos said, Blackwater Park, then Morningrise. Can't say about the new one, yet, but suspect it's going to be of the caliber of Blackwater Park.

Tim -- what MacDEF is saying is, "help it", when you're crapping in other people's threads. I normally like you, but I have to say, you've been demerited one brownie point for that post. And you didn't even have any yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back