New on head-fi
Aug 1, 2015 at 7:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jimsonite

New Head-Fier

Hello

Im kinda new in this game of audio, but have been listening to music many hours a day, most every day of my life, and thought to myself that i needed to know some more before i could by a nice set of headphones. So i found this place and got inspired.

So in this regard I’m a novice, and have recently bought my first par of nice headphones, it is a pair of on ear Sennheiser urbanites, and I’m really excited about them. Also I’m kinda nostalgic and longing to reacquire a set of old sennheiser hd 435 Vegas headphones, but i haven’t had luck getting them yet. I had them when i was young and used them to the foam gave up, and now they are lost I’m afraid.

Well guess that’s it, just had to write something other than just, hey im new, but anyways, looking forward to read more about all the interesting stuff surrounding headphones.

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 11
Welcome to Head-Fi, the home of audio enthusiasts!

Be very protective of your wallet.
As one Head-Fier put in his signature (can't remember who), this place is like Facebook where instead of liking things, you end up buying them.

Enjoy your stay here and I hope that you find your ideal gear, be it headphones or IEMs.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #3 of 11

Hello

Im kinda new in this game of audio, but have been listening to music many hours a day, most every day of my life, and thought to myself that i needed to know some more before i could by a nice set of headphones. So i found this place and got inspired.

So in this regard I’m a novice, and have recently bought my first par of nice headphones, it is a pair of on ear Sennheiser urbanites, and I’m really excited about them. Also I’m kinda nostalgic and longing to reacquire a set of old sennheiser hd 435 Vegas headphones, but i haven’t had luck getting them yet. I had them when i was young and used them to the foam gave up, and now they are lost I’m afraid.

Well guess that’s it, just had to write something other than just, hey im new, but anyways, looking forward to read more about all the interesting stuff surrounding headphones.

Welcome to Head-fi sorry about your wallet!

Aug 1, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #5 of 11
  Thanks alot

Hope my wallet will forgive me in time, i think my ears will atleast :)

Welcome!

And to put into perspective the trap you're walking into, I first started browsing here a few months ago to get info on ~$150 closed headphones for work.

Then a portable amp... then a better source... then I realized my work setup was better than my home setup...

... you get the idea! 
atsmile.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 11
Welcome!

And to put into perspective the trap you're walking into, I first started browsing here a few months ago to get info on ~$150 closed headphones for work.

Then a portable amp... then a better source... then I realized my work setup was better than my home setup...

... you get the idea! :atsmile:
Time to upgrade the home setup!!! :wink:

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #7 of 11

:) seem quickly to become complicated and very expensive, i will try to handle my desire to buy, even though i already have some future wallet-slappings in line, got my eye on first; Pioneer se mj751, and after them Sennheiser hd8 dj. Luckily i have no money to spend right now, hope that sound reason holds me back :)

And my work is not really set up round my hearing music, which is my luck, since others doesn’t have that luck it seam :)

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 11

:) seem quickly to become complicated and very expensive, i will try to handle my desire to buy, even though i already have some future wallet-slappings in line, got my eye on first; Pioneer se mj751, and after them Sennheiser hd8 dj. Luckily i have no money to spend right now, hope that sound reason holds me back :)

And my work is not really set up round my hearing music, which is my luck, since others doesn’t have that luck it seam :)

I'd advise against the SE MJ751s. They have a reputation for being uncomfortable and having atrocious sound quality. If you want closed back, I'd highly recommend the Monoprice Hi-Fi DJ Style ones. If you don't need the closed-back, the semi-open Superlux 681s are well known as hitting above their price range.

Both are around $40 on Amazon, since I'm assuming you're looking at the Pioneers for cost reasons.

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #10 of 11
LCD2>HD800>LCD3>HE-1000>SR-009>AB-1266>HE-90>unobtanium :wink:

Aug 1, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #11 of 11

Thanks, I appreciate the advice, will be sure to look those two up. I read some reviews on the Pioneer se mj751, not that there are that many to be found, but im still fresh in this world of audio and don’t mind having some phones with different qualities for me to experience, and im a bit odd in the sense that looks and nostalgia mean something for me too, got a stereo, an ancient Pioneer one called xd-z84t, I still have it in working condition, and because of that I’m willing to give the brand a try in their headphones.  Plus I can afford getting those in the not too distant future. And if they really are that bad, it may just serve to widen my appreciation for better headphones to comes, after all, I’m still trying to secure those really old sennheisers HD 435 Vegas, so my objectivity is a bit off :)

It’s nice though to get all the relevant advise and read up on those crazy very expensive headphones that may or may not await me in the future, only my wallet knows the answer too how my climb up the ladder of headphones will be, it’s all about feeling that the upgrade is worth the money I guess, and I don’t mind been here on novice level for a little while, enjoying my Urbanites to the fullest before I move on. I may even give those Pioneers a try, I still don’t know :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back