New neutral and durable IEM for 80-100$
Oct 7, 2014 at 2:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ia1234

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, I'm thinking about buying new in ear monitors and I'd like your recommendations.
The budget is anything less than 100 dollars, the less the better.
My favorite sound signature is definitely neutral sounding, and I'm listening to many music genres, mostly different kinds of rock.
Besides good sound, I have some things that are really important for me. First of all, I really need a durable IEM. I never had one which lasted over 8-9 months and if I'm spending this much on earphones I really want it to last longer. Besides that, I need IEM which aren't picky about the source. I don't have an amp or anything like that, I mostly listen to music with my Samsung Note 3.
That's about it, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hello guys, I'm thinking about buying new in ear monitors and I'd like your recommendations.
The budget is anything less than 100 dollars, the less the better.
My favorite sound signature is definitely neutral sounding, and I'm listening to many music genres, mostly different kinds of rock.
Besides good sound, I have some things that are really important for me. First of all, I really need a durable IEM. I never had one which lasted over 8-9 months and if I'm spending this much on earphones I really want it to last longer. Besides that, I need IEM which aren't picky about the source. I don't have an amp or anything like that, I mostly listen to music with my Samsung Note 3.
That's about it, any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

I don't have an immediate suggestion for you, but there are two threads that compare hundreds of iems, one based on their sound signature. searching 'multi-iem comparison' into the search bar should bring them up

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah I checked that one for some time now, I'm also looking at buying guides but it would be great to hear from people who actually used the earphones for a long time and can share recommendations.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 6
The Ostry KC06 might be a good consideration for you. The new Aurisonics Rockets are also supposely fairly neutral, although I cant confirm that as I havent actually heard them myself (you'd also have to get one off the for sales to have it under 100).

Those are two that come off the top of my head. As Coletrain said, you'd definitely wanna check out joker's thread. Dont be afraid to contact him via PM yourself!

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 6
Please note I care about sound quality more than sound signature. If there are good and durable IEM that can comply with my requirements, I don't care if it's "kinda" neutral or something like that.

Oct 16, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #6 of 6
I think it is difficult to define sound "quality" so simply. I would say that if you don't need it to be neutral, something with a removeable cable like the SE-215 would work, but soundwise (less durability) I would say go with hifiman re-400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back