New Naked Music
Jul 31, 2003 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kuma

Headphoneus Supremus
Can you say 'Fuuuunky'???!!
biggrin.gif

• Lost on Arrival

Jul 31, 2003 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 5
Hey cool...can't say I have heard of this series, or any of the artists on the disc for that matter, but the reviews sound promising! Have you heard any of the Electric Ladyland compilations - it sounds to me like they cover similar teritory, albeit with different artists.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2003 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by stymie miasma
Have you heard any of the Electric Ladyland compilations - it sounds to me like they cover similar teritory, albeit with different artists.

smily_headphones1.gif

Got any reco for me ?
I love lots of artists from Naked Music as well as Astralwerks lebels.

Jul 31, 2003 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 5
There have been about 6 Electric Ladyland compilations released on Mille Plateaux/Force Inc, the last two being double CDs. I have Volumes 3-6, and its hard to pick a favourite, as they all have great tracks on them.

The artists are varied, and include people such as DJ Spooky, Panacea, Si Begg, 4E (Side project of the ultra-prolific Khan guy), Alec Empire, Techno Animal....

The music ranges from very funky, dirty electro (Si Begg, 4E and others) through to pretty twisted drum and bass (Panacea) and dark downtempo/trip hop (Slotek, Techno Animal). One of my favourites is "Naive Fake Jazz" by Alec Empire on Volume 4 - it's a pretty simple tune, but for me, it is obscenely funky. Amazon seems to have access to all volumes, and has some samples. I hope you end up liking them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally posted by stymie miasma
There have been about 6 Electric Ladyland compilations released on Mille Plateaux/Force Inc, the last two being double CDs. I have Volumes 3-6, and its hard to pick a favourite, as they all have great tracks on them.

The artists are varied, and include people such as DJ Spooky, Panacea, Si Begg, 4E (Side project of the ultra-prolific Khan guy), Alec Empire, Techno Animal....

The music ranges from very funky, dirty electro (Si Begg, 4E and others) through to pretty twisted drum and bass (Panacea) and dark downtempo/trip hop (Slotek, Techno Animal). One of my favourites is "Naive Fake Jazz" by Alec Empire on Volume 4 - it's a pretty simple tune, but for me, it is obscenely funky. Amazon seems to have access to all volumes, and has some samples. I hope you end up liking them
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks! I'll give Volume 4 a spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back