NEW NAD C521BEE CDP
Oct 29, 2003 at 2:29 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
I think there head office is in Toronto, Canada. I'm not sure where they are made though.

I think that's where the North American distribution HQ is for NAD America. But the company itself is from England. My NAD L-40 says on its reverse "London, England".

But I couldn't find *anything* in any of the paperwork or on the box or on the internet about where it is HQ'd.

An interesting question, for sure.

--Chris

Oct 29, 2003 at 2:32 AM Post #17 of 19
NAD is owned by Lenbrook which I believe is a Canadian company although I believe NAD itself was originally from the UK before Lenbrook bought them.

Oct 29, 2003 at 11:41 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Musicfan123
A lof of recent NAD stuff have made in China. I read a bunch of complaints about their build quality.

What isn't (or isn't planned to be made) in China?

Oct 29, 2003 at 3:28 PM Post #19 of 19
I have been using NAD CD players for about 3 years now. Used to have the old NAD 522 and then upgraded to NAD 521. Its a great player for the price. Sure there are much better players but then you have to go up in price quite a bit. You can find a used 521 for as little as $150, I paid $180 including shipping for a ~3 month old one. You can then upgrade by adding external DAC as I did. I added MSB Link III with upsampling upgrade package and I'm very happy with the total sound. As for the build quality, yes there have been issues reported in the past but this was their older players. I have not had any problems with any of the two players. The older NAD was really sensitive to scratched CDs and did not like CDRs at all, not that I uses any anyway.

The new player sound like it can be a great deal. Wondering how it compares to Music Hall MMF25 or the new Philips 963

Users who are viewing this thread

Back