New Music Recommendations
Jun 9, 2002 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wallstreet

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I'm looking to try out some new music. I'm primarily listen to modern rock/metal and I'm looking for some new stuff to add to my library. I would like to heard your recommendations for rock albums that are really good that I probably wouldn't have heard of as well as some good classical and perhaps blues. Keep in mind that for now that I'm getting all my stuff at bmg as it is a lot cheap (I have a deal now where I can get unlimited 2.99 + shipping for every cd). For classical I hear that bmg carries a lot of low quality stuff, and I would like recommendations on new digitally remastered albums. Feel free to give me any other recommendations as well, because my library is quite small at the moment
frown.gif

Jun 9, 2002 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 9
I don't know what BMG carries, but the last time I checked it was mostly crap. The really great metal and classical are all on small labels that they don't carry, sorry.

But, I will try to help, since I have nothing better to do and go to their website and try to find something good for you.

Jun 9, 2002 at 8:40 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for your help anyway. I'll take recommendations for any other online stores then or best buy (they have biggest selection and best prices in our area). And are any of those used online cd stores any good ... im worried about the cds and stuff being all scratched up.

Jun 10, 2002 at 12:53 PM Post #6 of 9
Thanks for the suggestions sapphiremodena. I already own Toxicity, and Hybrid Theory (which is my favorite cd atm), and I ordered Morning View and Make Yourself last night
smily_headphones1.gif
. I'll have check out Matthew Good Band, and Sciene in the future. I think I have almost gotten as much use as I'm going to get out of BMG, so I guess its time to move on to some *real* online music stores.

And If anyone if wondering here is what I ordered last night.
Korn - Issues
Hoobastank - Hoobastank
Nirvana - Nevermind
Ozzy - Down to Eath
Taproot - Gift
Incubus - Morning View; Make Yourself

Jun 10, 2002 at 2:51 PM Post #7 of 9
Hi Wallstreet,
Here are a couple of suggestions for you:

Jimi Hazel - "21stcenturysouthbronxrockstar"
Bumblefoot - "Hands"

Both cd's, as well many other independent artists, can be found at cdbaby.com...

Regards

Jun 10, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #8 of 9
Thanks for the suggestions Cherokee Mist ... I have a feeling that this is going to turn into a very expensive hobby ... as if my computer stuff didn't already take up most of my money
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2002 at 3:08 PM Post #9 of 9
Hi Wallstreet,
Nice online Site & Store well worth visiting - www.noiserecords.com.
New music recomendatios - try TOOL-LATERALUS would be nice for the beginning,SYMPHONY_X-LIVE ON THE EDGE OF FOREVER, QUEENSRYCHE-LIVE EVOLUTION, NIGHTWISH-OCEANBORN, DREAM THEATER-METROPOLIS Pt.2... If you are into power-metal I would try GAMMA RAY-BLAST FROM THE PAST and HELLOWEEN-THE TREASURE BOX...Of course there are classics like RUSH - STAGE OUT would be a good starting point, BLACK SABBATH, DIO, LED ZEPPELIN +++, but this is another letter...
Hope it helped for what it's worth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back