New Music in 2011!
Jan 15, 2011 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Coltrane

1000+ Head-Fier
Always an especially helpful conversation on head-fi, as this forum occasionally trends towards the 'music was better back in the day' mode.

Already a few great albums in 2011.

Drive-By Truckers - Go Go Boots

Deeply rooted in Southern Rock and country music, but with a bit more muscle than most. Their best since maybe Dirty South. Every song is a good, some are great, and some, like 'Everybody Needs Love' are classics.

Iron & Wine - Kiss Each Other Clean

Another gorgeous record from Sam Beam. Another slow evolution for the 'band.' He describes it as a 70s FM radio record. He is absolutely right.

Others?

Jan 20, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 22
new Rush and Blackfield coming...

Jan 20, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 22
Sirenia's new album is coming....cant wait for it. 
smile.gif

Jan 20, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #8 of 22

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to Earth's new album Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light.  If it is anything like the last album, I will definitely enjoy it.

It has leaked quite some time ago.

I'm loking forward towards the new James Blake album, even though i don't like that whiney song that is being played on the radio every now and then. Talib Kweli is looking to drop some sort of quality in febuari (for the first time in 2 centuries) and i'm awaiting that project mooncircle release in febuari.

Jan 20, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #9 of 22
The new Blake album is weird. It gets a lot of Bon Iver comparisons, and not unfairly. Parts of it are boring, other parts are interesting. It's not  nearly as stunning as the EPs from last year.

I'm psyched for the Panda Boy album, if it actually comes out. As well,  Kanye/Jay-Z, Toro Y Moi, Radiohead, Strokes, and Lady Gaga.

Jan 21, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 22
Not to belabor the point, but I probably spoke a little too soon. I'd only listened to it about twice. It's definitely worth getting if you're a fan of the EPs. It has its pluses and minuses versus the EPs, but it's certainly not bad. (It might even be really good. It's not an immediate lapel-grabber, though.)

Feb 12, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #12 of 22
Anyone else excited for Elbow's upcoming album Build a Rocket Boys? They have quickly become one of my favorite bands and the two singles they have released from the album are awesome.

I'm also looking forward to Fleet Foxes new album.  Something from Thrice, Tool/A Perfect Circle, or Radiohead would be nice as well.

Feb 12, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #14 of 22
Kate Bush is preparing a new album for release this year. This time it's serious rumors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back