New music delivered today
Mar 20, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 29
My last album arrived, which is Led Zeppelin’s last studio album.

Mar 21, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #17 of 29
DSC09656.JPG

Apr 20, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 29
Don’t forget The Song Remains The Same.
B2277E4D-C9AF-4CBA-A26C-B42469C8C67C.jpeg

It is my favorite record by Led Zeppelin.

After listening to all the studio albums and the "Song Remains the Same", I agree. It is my favorite Led Zeppelin album by far. It is great! The others are good too, but this one is the best.

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #20 of 29
Yes, when it came out it was special, and still is. The level of skill they had in just “jamming” often makes the songs different than their studio counterparts. They themselves said they were “tired” during the recording, but it’s hard to tell. I interpret the songs slightly different now, then upon release. Don’t know exactly how the songs are different but hearing it at 15-16 then 59, it seems I bring more references, yet at 15-16 it was a spectacle, that it is. All the ways Robert Plant sings and his range, the sheer complexity of Jimmy Page. There other amazing thing is how well it’s recorded. I once lent my 180 gram remaster to a friend with a very special stereo and upon picking it back up he was with-out words as to the quality of the recording.

Also as far as musical skill, they really functioned as a whole. The way that the songs were handled, the tempo changes and the area that they gave each other places to improvise. The special thing is it was four virtuosos.

Really they were the best in so many ways. Today music is fractured where people listen to all kinds of stuff. But then there really was only Led Zeppelin. Hard to phantom but it was almost the only thing everyone listened to?

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #21 of 29
I had one buddy who listened to nothing but Rush. Another one listened to nothing but Zepellin. I swore off both bands for years after that.

Now I like them both, especially Zepellin. Go figure! Great band, just amazing stuff.

Apr 20, 2021 at 4:19 PM Post #23 of 29
I don't know about anybody else but as far as I'm concerned I could live with everything recorded before 1979, and in some cases, a lot earlier than that :wink:

Apr 20, 2021 at 4:22 PM Post #25 of 29
Apr 20, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #26 of 29
Apr 21, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #29 of 29
New to me. IV was the only Led Zeppelin album I owned and I grew up in the 80’s. Heart is my favorite group overall. I have all of their albums.
I have all the *good* Heart albums, most of them picture discs. Unfortunately my wax collection is in storage now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back