New ms2 fatboy awesome!!!
Feb 16, 2005 at 1:06 AM Post #33 of 72
dammit i just bought the old ms-2's a month ago

mabe thats a good thing tho since i like the bass level where it is...

anyone with both the new and old ms-2 want to do a review???

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #34 of 72
Hi folks, just got a email from hifi.com.tw today regarding my MS-2 purchase. Long story short is they shipped out the older model to me when I ordered the new ones, this was about 2 weeks ago. I just received a email from them today and they're still receiving shipments of the classic model and I would have to wait 'til next month before they will get any of the new models in. They appologised for the mix-up and gave me the option to trade my unopened MS-2 for the Fatboys whenever they arrive. Well great I love options
biggrin.gif
now I can't decide whether I should a) just sell these and use the cash to buy from Alessandro who are notoriously unreliable OR b) wait it out and hope I can last that long.. c) open the bloody thing and forget about the fatboy
frown.gif
my heart breaks just thinking about it.

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:50 AM Post #35 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmanc
Hi folks, just got a email from hifi.com.tw today regarding my MS-2 purchase. Long story short is they shipped out the older model to me when I ordered the new ones, this was about 2 weeks ago. I just received a email from them today and they're still receiving shipments of the classic model and I would have to wait 'til next month before they will get any of the new models in. They appologised for the mix-up and gave me the option to trade my unopened MS-2 for the Fatboys whenever they arrive. Well great I love options
biggrin.gif
now I can't decide whether I should a) just sell these and use the cash to buy from Alessandro who are notoriously unreliable OR b) wait it out and hope I can last that long.. c) open the bloody thing and forget about the fatboy
frown.gif
my heart breaks just thinking about it.

option B.

You'll regret settling for less. And option A might not be any faster at all and sure is a lot more hassle.

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #37 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
not good not good...i love the bass, the MS-2s rock, argh argh can't afford!

i refuse to sell my Joe Grado SR200 to get the brand new John Grado MS-2 fatboys! NOOOooo!

I was anticipating this response from you Jahn
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 11:01 AM Post #38 of 72
I fully support your offer of comparison services for the community
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 12:38 PM Post #39 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shang-Ti Chen
Why hasn't there been anybody asking for photos yet?
smily_headphones1.gif

Okay, I am. I really need to see those things. Do they look like the golden SR325?

Feb 27, 2005 at 1:12 PM Post #43 of 72
Flat pads from Todd?? Hadn't thought of that. I'd like to know if they'll fit as well. Surely they would. If not, I hope he's ordering a batch as I type cause he's gonna need 'em!

As for the Fatboys....me happy....VERY happy.

Btw, Jahn, if you wanna sell those 200's.....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
You know you want the new ms-2's....just do it. PM me. I'll be waiting.

Feb 27, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #45 of 72
flat pads sit very well on the new ms2i or whatever you guys want to call them. Through the RA 1 they sound pretty nice, very refined and the bass is in even more full and deep than before. With the flats the sound is way more intimate, and the soundstage narrows. Flats sound really good at low volumes, at high volumes i think the flaws of the flats seem to stand out more. I would love to hear a gilmore lite with these. I have a mint on the way, the ra1 is just so neutral, that maybe a gilmore or a supermacro amp might give it some color just for fun.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back