New MS1's: one of the poles is a bit slack... quick fix?
Nov 24, 2009 at 12:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

sithompson

100+ Head-Fier
I've just noticed that the right hand metal pole/ rod on my new MS1's is notably slacker (in up and down movement) than the left or the poles on my SR80's. It's not a problem at the minute but if it gets any slacker it may be. Is there a quick fix that does not involve screws and drilling?

Nov 24, 2009 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks. Do I put it on the rod and let it dry or work into the grippy bit while wet?

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #4 of 9
From the little I know of nail polish, if you stick it into the grippy thing while it's wet, it'll dry and fuse onto the grip. The polish probably just adds a little more width to the rod.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #5 of 9
Exactly... and provides a slight bit of "tack" to improve the grip further.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #6 of 9
So when will I start experiencing this problem? Given today as a start date, and assuming I lug my MS1s around to school, how long will it take for them to start falling apart like this?

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Halftrack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So when will I start experiencing this problem? Given today as a start date, and assuming I lug my MS1s around to school, how long will it take for them to start falling apart like this?

I think my MS1's came like this (not even 2 days old). My SR-80i which have I've had for a while and have been pulled apart and modified are fine and everything is as tight a drum.

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 9
It's not falling apart and nothing much to be worried about. Just loosening of the flush fit with use...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back