new mp3 player
Aug 3, 2013 at 4:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

matthewgordon

New Head-Fier
Hi all...

I'm in the market for a new mp3 player and I need some advice.

I've currently got a old 8GB nano but I want to move away from apple. I only need it to play audio files as I use my phone for video. Size wise anything around credit card size is fine.

Sound quality and volume is really important. I need it loud! I'll be buying new headphones as well but let's get this headache out of the way first.

I've been looking at the cowon iaudio 9 and the colorfly c3, but I've heard bad things about both, sound quality and navigation respectively.

Anyone got any other ideas?

I have around 200 to spend so I guess budget isn't a issue

Thanks for any advice

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #2 of 3
You might also try post this question on the website anythingbutipod.

Aug 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
I've currently got a old 8GB nano but I want to move away from apple. I only need it to play audio files as I use my phone for video. Size wise anything around credit card size is fine.

Sound quality and volume is really important. I need it loud! I'll be buying new headphones as well but let's get this headache out of the way first.

I've been looking at the cowon iaudio 9 and the colorfly c3, but I've heard bad things about both, sound quality and navigation respectively.

Check out the Sandisk Sansa Clip Zip (or Clip+).
These things are dirt cheap, very light, userfriendly, great sounding and you can rockbox them so you can tinker a lot like settings like crossfeen and stereo width.

I bought all that expensive stuff and ended up loving these little gems the most.

Check the forums; there's so much info on them you won't have any questions left. All about rockboxing it and why you should do that is there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back