New mp3 player; is zune a good choice?
May 19, 2010 at 12:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

mortimerhobbs

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm new here and am looking to replace and maybe upgrade some of my old equipment.

Right now I'm looking for a mp3 player that suppors alot of the same functions of the creative vision m; like playlist on the go, custion eq, large capacity (50+gb), good ui and fm transmitter.

Unfortunately, I'd like to stay away from ipods if possible. I've had trouble with those in the past, and don't own a mac. So I was wondering if any zunes have these functions. Thanks.

May 20, 2010 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 8
I'll tell you what I know of the Zunes I have.

Zune 120 supports: On the go playlists; The Zune 120 has a 120 gb hard drive; UI is very intuitive and attractive and has a FM receiver (did you actually mean receiver because not many players come with FM transmitters)

ZuneHD supports: On the go playlists; it has an EQ but I don't think it's customizable (I don't usually use an EQ so I haven't been in that section); Current capacity limit is 64 gb; The UI is fantastic.  Very different from Ipod and more creative/fun; has both a FM and HDradio receiver.  And I don't know if this is important to you but it has the best quality video I've seen to date and that's not only my opinion.  The screen really is amazing.

So that's what I know from the Zunes I own and have used personally.  Hope it helps

May 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #4 of 8
If you are looking for a fun, friendly UI have a look at the Zune. Just be aware that Microsoft is releasing the Zune HD2 by the end of this year.

However, if you are looking for superb audio and video quality and strictly looking to add only lossless audio and 320 bit rate songs have a look at the Cowon S9, taken that the Zune has a decent audio and great video playback but it just falls short of the Cowon S9.

May 20, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 8
My limit is around $250. But yeah, the most important thing is capacity because I like to have my entire library with me when I travel and don't want to be hindered in what I'm capable of bringing.

May 20, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #7 of 8
Well, if you can wait for the end of the year as Marshh said, perhaps the Zune HD2 might be a game changer, but don't quote me on that
wink.gif

May 20, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #8 of 8
Cowon D2+ 16GB with a 32GB SDHC card.

If you really don't think 48GB is enough, reconsider. I've got around 100-120GB of library if my FLAC are converted to mp3. For a while I thought a 60GB iPod wasn't enough for even my favorites. But in preparation for a future Clip+ with 16GB card, I started cutting down what I carry around, and got to 20GB pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back