new mp3 player for my HD280s
Jul 22, 2009 at 3:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

wavid

100+ Head-Fier
i am going to buy a new mp3 player...my budget is under 70 pounds if posible.....size preferable 8gb or more
ive looked around the forums and ive seen the names Cowon and sandisk crop up alot....
should i buy 1 of those?...
its going to be used only for music...i have my psp for videos
on ebay ther is a SONY NWZ-A729 16GB WALKMAN for 70 pounds....
should i get that?...or should i consider a cowon or sandisk?

i will also have a cmoy amp with it whenever i can...using Sennheiser HD280s

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 7
I bought the cowon d2 new for £49 from amp3s(2g but hey sd slot) that sony is a good deal as well or maybe a fuse.
love the cowon and it drives my ultrasones very well(but sounds much better with my caffine ultra) but as ive posted recently would like to try the sony sound (either the one on your list or the x series)

edit dont think amp3s do the d2 2g any more but the others are dropping in price iirc

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 7
so i can just get a cowon d2 with low drive space and just get a SD card?
that sounds great....i just feel like im paying for something i dont need (the screen and videos etc)...im using it purely for music purposes

i found a cowon d2 4gb for 35£ with shipping on this website
EasyToBuyThem.com
dono if its real...sound like a good price..maybe il justget that instead of the sony walkman...
(they also have the sony walkman 16gb for 65£)
(or cowon s9 16gb for 78£) but i like that the expansion on the d2
money really is a big issue to me...cheaper the better...but must have great sound

btw can this site be trusted..the prices are so low :|
nvm i think this website can not be trusted..ive researched online
and no safe purchases have been mentioned...
1 even got scammed

Aug 2, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 7
i just bought a 4gb cowon d2 for £50 off ebay...this is not a bad price right?
its new and from trusted seller

and will this card be fine for it?
270481954_o.jpg

Aug 2, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Thats a great deal ,theres a forum on iaudiphile that deals with d2 sd cards compatability i cant see there being a problem unless the firmware is quite old but updating is very easy on the d2

btw the default eq settings were rubbish by default they need some tweaking imho

also as regards cmoys Robert has some b grade caffine ultras at the moment with just scratches on at 39 euros it sounds awesome with the d2 after burn in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back