New Monster "Miles Davis Trumpet" IEM
Aug 11, 2011 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

kwkarth

Electronics guys... we have our plusses and minuses. With advent of digital everything, we're being phased out
Aug 11, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 12
There's a huge thread on these that has been around for months, if only you would have looked.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/532192/new-miles-davis-trumpet-not-tribute-earphones

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #3 of 12

Quote:
There's a huge thread on these that has been around for months, if only you would have looked.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/532192/new-miles-davis-trumpet-not-tribute-earphones

Guess I didn't look far enough back in time.

Thx!

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #5 of 12
They are on sale now: http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=6114

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #6 of 12
Man oh man those look nice. I imagine they have some pretty mindblowing mids and highs considering the driver is in the ear.. but we shall see :wink: hopefully microphonics isn't an issue with these like I've had with Monster headphones in the past (Turbine Copper pro's.)

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 12
Picked them up from Best Buy for $270 after 10% off coupon.

Going to try and put them through paces tonight but got them in advance of a trip in the next couple days so should have some listening time.

Aug 27, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 12
 I have the MTPC... But these things look sexy. The Coppers might be sold soon :wink:

Aug 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 12
Good evening. I just posted my first impressions on another thread & I thought I'd just 'copy & paste' it here as well. I hope this is ok?

"Hello guys I don't post here often but since I've just discovered this thread I should add my two cents. I picked up my Monster Trumpets three days ago at my local Best Buy and must say I am extremely pleased so far. Styling and general build quality is much better person. The attention to detail is phenomenal and though small, they don't feel particularly delicate.

So far I've mostly ran them directly off my iPhone 4 playing back AAC & AIFF files and I must say I am quite impressed with the sonics. Like all IEM's what's key is to find the tips that offers the best seal and best sonics. And when you do, watch out, these are the real deal! I don't have but a handful of hours on them yet for lack of time but they are VERY impressive: bass is deep and tight, mids are very clear and possess a high degree of resolution, and the highs are very extended and rather sweet. Image size is realistic (big drums whacks sound, well, big) and dynamics seem unrestrained. Acoustic instruments, particularly, are rendered harmonically rich and tonally faithful.

Considering these things aren't anywhere close to being fully broken-in I would say they are shaping up to being my favorite IEM's. FYI I also own Monster Beats Tour & original Turbine, Shure SE-530e, Klipsch Image X10, Ultimate Ears $200 level model that escapes my mind, amongst a handful of others. Over the ear 'phones include Grado GS-1000i & 325i, Sennheiser HD-650, AKG-701, Beyerdynamics DT-880, Stax SR-84, amongst several others. Main headphone amp at the moment is Grado RA-1 (battery) and the Cayin HA-1A. As I log more hours I can do a more extensive follow up with musical references."

Aug 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:
Good evening. I just posted my first impressions on another thread & I thought I'd just 'copy & paste' it here as well. I hope this is ok?

"Hello guys I don't post here often but since I've just discovered this thread I should add my two cents. I picked up my Monster Trumpets three days ago at my local Best Buy and must say I am extremely pleased so far. Styling and general build quality is much better person. The attention to detail is phenomenal and though small, they don't feel particularly delicate.

So far I've mostly ran them directly off my iPhone 4 playing back AAC & AIFF files and I must say I am quite impressed with the sonics. Like all IEM's what's key is to find the tips that offers the best seal and best sonics. And when you do, watch out, these are the real deal! I don't have but a handful of hours on them yet for lack of time but they are VERY impressive: bass is deep and tight, mids are very clear and possess a high degree of resolution, and the highs are very extended and rather sweet. Image size is realistic (big drums whacks sound, well, big) and dynamics seem unrestrained. Acoustic instruments, particularly, are rendered harmonically rich and tonally faithful.

Considering these things aren't anywhere close to being fully broken-in I would say they are shaping up to being my favorite IEM's. FYI I also own Monster Beats Tour & original Turbine, Shure SE-530e, Klipsch Image X10, Ultimate Ears $200 level model that escapes my mind, amongst a handful of others. Over the ear 'phones include Grado GS-1000i & 325i, Sennheiser HD-650, AKG-701, Beyerdynamics DT-880, Stax SR-84, amongst several others. Main headphone amp at the moment is Grado RA-1 (battery) and the Cayin HA-1A. As I log more hours I can do a more extensive follow up with musical references."

Thanks for sharing your impressions!  Looking forward to reading your continuing thoughts and observations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back