New Monoprice Premium Headphones - #10243, #10244, #10245, #10246
Jul 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #46 of 97
Quote:

It looks like a Beats headphone, feels, and adjusts like one.

The package says it comes with a microphone cable, but it does not. Apparently, the mic is already built into the headphones. Haven't tested that yet to confirm. It does come with a charging cable and a 3.5 cable.

The R+ can be bought from Bluedio themselves, or other overseas stores for $199. I took a chance on this site below, as they accepted paypal, and have the lowest price on the web. There is a coupon code for $10 off that works found on the homepage too.

The R+ literally just came out it seems.

http://amtify.com/Bluedio-Revolution-R-Wireless-HD-stereo-Bluetooth-headset-CPA280509DBH.htm?categoryId=-1

I already have a HK post tracking number, so it seems legit.

Thanks a lot for the info. It is so tempting to get even the R+ now... if they have them in white, I won't even think before hitting the "buy" button.

Would you know how long would it take for the delivery, or the estimate time?

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #47 of 97
Quote:

Thanks a lot for the info. It is so tempting to get even the R+ now... if they have them in white, I won't even think before hitting the "buy" button.

Would you know how long would it take for the delivery, or the estimate time?

Bluedio is on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Bluedio-StereoHi-fi-suppression-Bluetooth4-0-White/dp/B00D84W9J0/ref=sr_sp-atf_image_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374257358&sr=1-3&keywords=bluedio+r%2B

Where I got it, 2 weeks minimum from HK air mail.

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #48 of 97
Quote:

Thanks for the link to Amazon. However, they won't ship me this product, since I am not living in the US, and no R+ on Amazon for my region.

Would you mind posting a review on the R+ when you get them? I might just sit tight for now, and order directly from Bluedio after reading more reviews.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #50 of 97
...been on the JVC ha-s400 bandwagon for quite some time (have a modded pair and still think they are fantastic)...I keep coming back to them even in light of having several Koss including the TBSE1, several Superlux, and Beats (big mistake but someone gave them to me)...and yes the lauded but I believe still underrated Monoprice 8323...I do however have a special place for these and Monoprice in general with their ability to provide such a great product at such a reasonable price...when I saw the new white non Bluetooth phones I was very excited but saw very few reviews that I was kind of hesitant...when exactly were the new non Bluetooth phones released?...the specs look good but I will have to agree they might benefit from an amp...I do most of my listening with a Sansa clip+ on my phones that don't need that extra push...but for those that do I use my Samsung YP-R0 with my Minibox D which I think is excellent...I might go ahead and push the button anyhow but if anyone gets these and has any further impressions of these it would be much appreciated...they look extremely promising from the look and the specs...thanks!

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #51 of 97
Quote:
...been on the JVC ha-s400 bandwagon for quite some time (have a modded pair and still think they are fantastic)...I keep coming back to them even in light of having several Koss including the TBSE1, several Superlux, and Beats (big mistake but someone gave them to me)...and yes the lauded but I believe still underrated Monoprice 8323...I do however have a special place for these and Monoprice in general with there ability to provide such a great product at such a reasonable price...when I saw the new white non Bluetooth phones I was very excited but saw very few reviews that I was kind of hesitant...when exactly were the new non Bluetooth phones released?...the specs look good but I will have to agree they might benefit from an amp...I do most of my listening with a Sansa clip+ on my phones that don't need that extra push...but for those that do I use my Samsung YP-R0 with my Minibox D which I think is excellent...I might go ahead and push the button anyhow but if anyone gets these and has any further impressions of these it would be much appreciated...they look extremely promising from the look and the specs...thanks!

I'm right there with you with regard to Monoprice.  So many great deals; almost all of my speakers and cables are from them, along with a pair of 8323s!  All the new 8-driver headphones started shipping within the last couple weeks, as far as I could tell.  They've been listed for a month or so, but you couldn't order them 'til around 7/5.  I was hesitant to pull the trigger without seeing some reviews on Head-Fi, and so I haven't ordered a pair.  I just recently bought a completely different pair headphones that have me satisfied, so I'm now no longer thinking of getting these.  However, I'm still fascinated to see what people can get out of these unique multi-driver headphones.

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #52 of 97
Those designs, hahaha!

That's cool: multiple drivers in each cup.

Jul 22, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #53 of 97
...been on the JVC ha-s400 bandwagon for quite some time (have a modded pair and still think they are fantastic)...I keep coming back to them even in light of having several Koss including the TBSE1, several Superlux, and Beats (big mistake but someone gave them to me)...and yes the lauded but I believe still underrated Monoprice 8323...

What is your opinion on : JVC ha-s400 vs Monoprice 8323???

Jul 22, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #54 of 97
What is your opinion on : JVC ha-s400 vs Monoprice 8323???

... as much as I love the JVC HA-S400s I think I like the monoprice a little bit better..... I'm accumulating some serious time on the monoprices and they just seem to be getting better...I honestly think that they are a freak of nature... I know there are snobs that will say that they are good only for the price but that'
that's complete BS...these will compete with some very highly regarded sets....takes some time however...these have made me a serious believer in break in...if you don't have them get them....happy listening!!!....

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #56 of 97
I purchased the 10246 BT headphones a week or so ago. What I read in this thread indicated that the quality of the audio was excellent for a BT headphone. My experience has not been as positive. First of all, if you connect it via a cable, you still need to have it powered on. I also don't notice any real difference in sound quality between BT and cable, even when using a Fiio E7. The bass is muddy in my opinion and the mids and highs don't have much clarity. 

Initial BT pairing works pretty good. It shows up as a BT device within a couple of seconds and gets paired within 10 seconds. However, after they have been turned off and back on later, they don't automatically connect to my Nano 7g. They will reconnect pretty quickly to my iPhone and iPod Touch (2-3 seconds).

They are advertised to get 20 hours on a charge. I haven't run them down, so I can't speak to battery life. However, I did let them run overnight once and after over 8 hours, they were still running fine.

One of the main reasons I got them is because they have over the ear cups. I wear glasses and on-ear phones press my ears on the stems and get uncomfortable after a while. These don't have that problem. However, they are pretty heavy and they do press down on the top of my head and still get uncomfortable after a while.

I am not an expert in doing reviews, but I wanted to share my experience with you all. I saw in this thread that the sound improves over time. I plan to use them extensively over the next couple of weeks and if they don't improve, I will probably return them.

Edit: I did some additional testing on battery life. It ran over 24 hours before needing to be charged. I thought that was impressive.

Jul 24, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #57 of 97
Quote:
I purchased the 10246 BT headphones a week or so ago. What I read in this thread indicated that the quality of the audio was excellent for a BT headphone. My experience has not been as positive. First of all, if you connect it via a cable, you still need to have it powered on. I also don't notice any real difference in sound quality between BT and cable, even when using a Fiio E7. The bass is muddy in my opinion and the mids and highs don't have much clarity. 

Initial BT pairing works pretty good. It shows up as a BT device within a couple of seconds and gets paired within 10 seconds. However, after they have been turned off and back on later, they don't automatically connect to my Nano 7g. They will reconnect pretty quickly to my iPhone and iPod Touch (2-3 seconds).

They are advertised to get 20 hours on a charge. I haven't run them down, so I can't speak to battery life. However, I did let them run overnight once and after over 8 hours, they were still running fine.

One of the main reasons I got them is because they have over the ear cups. I wear glasses and on-ear phones press my ears on the stems and get uncomfortable after a while. These don't have that problem. However, they are pretty heavy and they do press down on the top of my head and still get uncomfortable after a while.

I am not an expert in doing reviews, but I wanted to share my experience with you all. I saw in this thread that the sound improves over time. I plan to use them extensively over the next couple of weeks and if they don't improve, I will probably return them.

There is a big difference in Bluetooth quality between sources. On my Nexus 4 with Cyanogenmod, and through my 4.0 PC dongle, sound is very clear. On my Nexus 4 with Paranoid Android and the stock rom, bluetooth quality is muffled, noticeable in the mids and highs. When amped, you can tell the difference easily from a poor source compared to wired. Without an amp, they simply don't sound as good wired, and I believe its from the high imp drivers.

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #60 of 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back