New Monoprice Headphones any good?
Aug 18, 2015 at 2:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kenshinesca

100+ Head-Fier
I know the monoprice headphones aren't the prettiest things in the world but from what people have said the Monoprice 8323 headphones sound pretty good.  Wondering if anyone 

these ones are 14.99 they are pretty cheap looking, very plasticy.  Earpads look alright.

here's a link to them if you guys are interested

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=13191&seq=1&format=2&cl=res&utm_source=150818_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=13191&utm_campaign=150818_tuesday

These ones are 69.99 and look pretty comfortable those pads look like HM5 pads they look like they are neckable but can't tell from any of the pics they have on the site.  they only show it swiveling a bit.  These ones look pretty good to me.  I'm a sucker for the comfy earpads.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082302&p_id=12230&seq=1&format=2&cl=res&utm_source=150818_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12230&utm_campaign=150818_tuesday

These are 99.99 have a switch with 3 modes passive, active noise canceling, and bass boost.  it's foldable looks somewhat comfortable, wish it had the other headphones pads.  Takes a couple AAA batteries.  I've never tried active noise canceling headphones so I'm interested to see how this stacks up against others noise canceling wise and sound quality as well.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082706&p_id=12231&seq=1&format=2&cl=res&utm_source=150818_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12231&utm_campaign=150818_tuesday

So if anyone buys these please post impressions.  Let us know if any of these are worth it.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 5
The Hi-Fi Over-the-Ear headphones actually look pretty promising for $70 bucks.

Here's the Amazon link:

http://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-112230-Hi-Fi-Over-the-Ear-Headphone/dp/B014399GTO/

Nov 14, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 5
Hey guys I just purchased the $15 ones because I needed a second pair of headphones to commute with.   My Klipsch Image 1 earpads kept flaking off a while ago and I even bought a replacement pair, and they only lasted about a freaking month before flaking too.  So they are now relegated to house listening only lol. 

I must say i'm extremely impressed with the on the ear $15 cans.    They compare very favorably to my Klipsch headphones which were considerably more expensive.   I haven't finished breaking them in yet, because I started using them a few hours ago, but they sound great. They're driven very easily, and the on the ear cups are not the model of comfort, but they aren't the most uncomfortable headphones i've worn either.   I could get used to them.  

To put it quite simply,  for $15 these headphones carry $100 sound.   And I liked I could make calls with them on my android phone. 

They sounded great playing D'Angelo's latest CD without being too bassy, and also handled my usual 70's Jazz Rock with ease.   

I never thought $15 would buy a great sounding pair of headphones, but it did.    It'll be interesting to see how they work out durability wise, because it is all plastic, but it's really not that cheap feeling either.  They seem like they could last a while. 

I would imagine the over the ear headphones sound even better, and I would have got them if it weren't for the fact i'm moving soon so this was literally like an impulse purchase because cnet said they sounded great and they were only $15.   That seemed like a can't lose.  I'll just not eat fast food and pay for them LOL. 

I've been telling all my cheap friends who can't imagine why i'd spend $100 or more on a pair of headphones about these because they have no excuse now. 

Jan 20, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #5 of 5
I bought the $15 lightweights, which are a great minimalist design. However, the left driver/channel has failed, and the 1 year warranty has expired. So I can't recommend them. Buy Monoprice 8323 headphones instead, which are only $16.99 on the Monoprice site and a fantastic bargain. My 8323 is still going strong after about 3 years of nearly daily portable use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back