New Millett Hybrid MiniMAX (what happened to this thread?)
Oct 18, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #166 of 1,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but Mouser had incorrectly listed their 100uf 35V UPW cap as 6.3mm diameter - it's 8mm, which is too big.

*blows raspberry* I knew I should have checked the data sheet. The FM are back in stock at Digikey thankfully... Digi-Key - P12926-ND (Panasonic - ECG - EEU-FM1V680)

Quote:

Thanks to Beefy for doing this great favor for the Australian MiniMAX interest.

With the inability to combine Beezar shipping with the cases, some of the benefit is gone, unfortunately
frown.gif

But I understand the reasoning. Maybe I should leave the Beezar parts to individuals and just do the Mouser, Digikey and Sonic Craft as the group buy items? I'll sleep on it......

Oct 18, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #167 of 1,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beefy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*blows raspberry* I knew I should have checked the data sheet. The FM are back in stock at Digikey thankfully... Digi-Key - P12926-ND (Panasonic - ECG - EEU-FM1V680)

With the inability to combine Beezar shipping with the cases, some of the benefit is gone, unfortunately
frown.gif

But I understand the reasoning. Maybe I should leave the Beezar parts to individuals and just do the Mouser, Digikey and Sonic Craft as the group buy items? I'll sleep on it......

Yeah, I just received the 100uf 35V UPW from Mouser two days ago. I was a bit surprised when I opened it up to put it in the MiniMAX.

YGPM.
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #168 of 1,948
So it seems that a guy from my work has just bought a regular MAX PCB, and I have offered to add the parts he requires to my Mouser and Digikey orders.

Instead of doing a whole new BOM I am hoping to just add an extra multiple of my current group buy kits, minus any Mini parts I don't require, plus any parts still required for the regular MAX. So the changes would be:

Remove RR4/PF1?
Add back CR5?
Add back CM2?
Can I keep the new axials at DR1?
Can I keep the new axials at CR3?
Can I keep the new 68µF 35V electrolytic at CR4?

Importantly, is there anything else I have forgotten about?

[EDIT]
Back to the old power switch.
I suppose he needs a Hammond case.
[/EDIT]

Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #169 of 1,948
Quote:

So it seems that a guy from my work has just bought a regular MAX PCB, and I have offered to add the parts he requires to my Mouser and Digikey orders.

Instead of doing a whole new BOM I am hoping to just add an extra multiple of my current group buy kits, minus any Mini parts I don't require, plus any parts still required for the regular MAX. So the changes would be:

Remove RR4/PF1?

Without doing board surgery, there is no place for this part.{quote]
Add back CR5?[/quote]Same as above, without board surgery, this part is must be installed. Quote:

Add back CM2?

optional Quote:

Can I keep the new axials at DR1?

No. The holes are not setup for the axial Schotty's. Quote:

Can I keep the new axials at CR3?

yes Quote:

Can I keep the new 68µF 35V electrolytic at CR4?

Yes, this would probably help slightly. Quote:

Importantly, is there anything else I have forgotten about?

I don't think so. Quote:

[EDIT]
Back to the old power switch.

Yes. Quote:

I suppose he needs a Hammond case.

Yes. Quote:

[/EDIT]

Cheers!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #172 of 1,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the BOM on the MiniMax page fully updated? I'm getting ready to order two sets of parts, and I want to make sure I don't need to make any corrections.

It should be, but I've been very busy of late, so no guarantees.
wink.gif

Seriously, if the small, less than 100uf electrolytic is listed for CR4, and a PF1 is listed instead of RR4, then that should be the latest and greatest.

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:41 PM Post #174 of 1,948
Quoting tomb:
Quote:

* PCB's will be available for sale (at the usual Millett MAX outlet) on Friday, 10/24/2008.

* Due to the requirement of shipping the cases via Priority Mail and International Priority Mail, combined shipping is not possible. (Your cost for shipping a boards/parts order at the same rates would be very expensive.)

A word of explanation -
The MiniMAX cases must be shipped via Priority Mail and International Priority Mail. This is prudent, since there is no way of replacing a MiniMAX case lost in shipment. On the other hand, an order for boards and parts can be replaced. If I were to ship the boards and parts at the same rates required for the cases, it would cost you a monumental amount. As many of you have experienced, I can ship boards and parts at very economical First Class rates.

Finally, the MiniMAX is a refined design. It has gone through the prototyping stage with extensive testing and obviously has a long heritage in the Millett Hybrid and Millett MAX designs. Therefore, we do not anticipate any changes with the MiniMAX BOM. I will also work on updating the MiniMAX website to the same standards as the MAX, MOSFET-MAX and BantamDAC shortly.

PCBs released on my birthday
biggrin.gif
!

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #177 of 1,948
Quote:

GAH! Its blue!
biggrin.gif

My order finger is twitchy..... Bring it on, Beezar!

Maybe Wednesday evening on Beezar - because unfortunately, I have to go out of town for a couple of days anyway.
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #179 of 1,948
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe Wednesday evening on Beezar - because unfortunately, I have to go out of town for a couple of days anyway.
frown.gif

Look forward to it. My cart is loaded with everything else I need for five and a half Max builds......
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back