New Micros
Mar 3, 2005 at 12:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

TomRemixed

100+ Head-Fier
this might be old to you guys but it's new to me I found this on the creative site
http://www.creative.com/zenmicro/NewLowPrice.asp I am probably going to get the 4gb since I'm low on mula
lambda.gif
but I heard it doesn't come with an ac adapter. would any other ac adapter work with it because ou aren't really saving money if you don't get one with it.

Mar 3, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 28
I think spacing them just 1 gig apart is pretty lame.

Mar 3, 2005 at 5:07 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
I think spacing them just 1 gig apart is pretty lame.

Actually its a brilliant marketing scheme that will make them some extra dough and encourage the flash based users to use the 4gb version at least. It also alows the micro to compete with the mini more competatively again.

There's going to be some new packaging so you'll know when your local store actually gets the new micros. you can see an example of it here

Mar 3, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #5 of 28
I think I need to go to bed, you are killing all my posts.
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
I think I need to go to bed, you are killing all my posts.
frown.gif

Nah.. im just ...altering them
tongue.gif

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:25 AM Post #7 of 28
This is pretty good, they're very competitively priced with the Mini's now. I really hope this eats into a lot of Apple's market share. Meanwhile, I can't wait till Creative release their next mass storage MP3 player, while the Zen Touch was great, it still had a few features missing that I would have liked.

Mar 3, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by scorpian007
\I really hope this eats into a lot of Apple's market share.

i don't, i invested into apple stock a few months ago and i need it to keep going up!

Mar 3, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev
i don't, i invested into apple stock a few months ago and i need it to keep going up!

sadly most people don't even know other companies make mp3 players...
lambda.gif
lucky I wish I invested in apple now it's impossible to get it.

Mar 3, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #10 of 28
since i have a 4g 20gig ipod as my main home source since i don't have the money for a high end cd player, and seeing that my collection of 1,350 cd's was stolen from my car, then my rebuilt collection of 800 was stolen and finally the last rebuilt collection of 576 was stolen i have decided to only purchase certain cd's and download the rest of the music (mainly download entire albums from mIRC) anyways needless to say mp3's and digital music is the more than majority of my collection so a 4gig zen micro will be perfect as a strictly portable "knock-around" player that i can take with me to work and use in my car without worrying about being out $300 if it something happens to it thank you creative. does anyone know if there is a line out on the micro??

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jnev

imo, it's trading in bubble territory.

@emadgin
there is no line out on the zen micro.

Mar 4, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pochi
imo, it's trading in bubble territory.

Way past that. People investing in Apple are basically investing in iPod, a trendy music player that has the public's fickle attention at the moment. When that attention wanders, as it will, a lot of people are going to lose a lot of money.

Mar 4, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #14 of 28
Anyone know more about the carrying case on shown as an accessory. I like the altoid case, but would also like a leather case. Or is there one out there by a third party vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back