New Micro Amp on a computer
Mar 6, 2006 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

MuseGeek

New Head-Fier
I'm new to headphone amps and recently received my Micro Amp. It's breaking in nicely, and one fantastic use of it is placing between my computer's (variable) line out and input for my 3 piece computer speaker system - the Moonsoon MM-700 planars. I dare say this setup could rival a good headphone setup for resolution. I does seem better in the highs than when using my HD 590 cans and I prefer listening to the speakers. I still don't really care for lots of bass pressure hitting my ears with relatively high sound pressure, but maybe I just haven't found the right cans for me. What would be the better full size cans in that case? I'm told the BT 880's are a good choice. Thanks.

Dave

Mar 7, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuseGeek
I'm new to headphone amps and recently received my Micro Amp. It's breaking in nicely, and one fantastic use of it is placing between my computer's (variable) line out and input for my 3 piece computer speaker system - the Moonsoon MM-700 planars. I dare say this setup could rival a good headphone setup for resolution. I does seem better in the highs than when using my HD 590 cans and I prefer listening to the speakers. I still don't really care for lots of bass pressure hitting my ears with relatively high sound pressure, but maybe I just haven't found the right cans for me. What would be the better full size cans in that case? I'm told the BT 880's are a good choice. Thanks.

Dave

Glad you're enjoying it.

Welcome to Head-Fi.

Sorry about your wallet.

(That last bit is the traditional greeting around here.)

Mar 7, 2006 at 7:08 AM Post #3 of 3
Hey welcome, by the way the guy that just gave you a formal welcome to the forum happens to be the same guy that is the president of HeadRoom, the company that created the Micro Amp!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back