New Metallica songs review
Apr 5, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #2 of 28
ya know, i remember reading some idiot write that reload was supposed to sound like their older material and look what happened with that....ill believe it when i hear it.

wink.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 28
hehe, I surely agree that the prereleasing euphoria is being pumped up as usual, but if this guy is lying, then he must be the king of all imaginative bastards from music magazines.

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 5, 2003 at 9:42 PM Post #5 of 28
Wow, that guy is very excited. I can't imagine anything living up to that hype, but if it's even half as good as he thinks it is, I am definitely going to be adding the CD to my collection. Now, please oh please don't let them **** up the sound quality; get someone like Bob Ludwig to master it and I would be very happy.

Apr 6, 2003 at 3:24 AM Post #7 of 28
Metallica are playing heavy music again? didn't they 'progress' and 'evolve' away from writing such juvenile and primitive stuff 10 years ago? their fans must be so disappointed. but hey, trend-jumping is all right since the band is strictly a money-making enterprise to 'Jaymz' and the guys right? i can't wait for the rap-remix cd, new $200 box set and the 250 different live albums (y'know, to combat 'bootleggers') to be released. and hell yeah, i'm gonna be in the front row when they headline OzzFest with Kelly Osbourne.
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 28
I heard the first single on the radio yesterday and it sucked ass. Sounds just like every other nu-metal song on the radio and if it weren't for the radio DJ telling me so I wouldn't even know it was a Metallica song. The name of the song was "St. Anger" and they played it twice yesterday and I still can't remember a single thing about it. I'm waiting for the whole album to become available on Kazaa so I can listen to all the songs before deciding whether or not I want to buy it. Did I mention that the single sucked?

May 29, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #11 of 28
[size=small]Actually, the new single is called "Frantic" if I'm not mistaken. I can't wait to see what this CD will be like - I plan on picking it up the day it comes out on June 10th.
[/size]

May 29, 2003 at 2:27 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by aerius
I heard the first single on the radio yesterday and it sucked ass. Sounds just like every other nu-metal song on the radio and if it weren't for the radio DJ telling me so I wouldn't even know it was a Metallica song. The name of the song was "St. Anger" and they played it twice yesterday and I still can't remember a single thing about it. I'm waiting for the whole album to become available on Kazaa so I can listen to all the songs before deciding whether or not I want to buy it. Did I mention that the single sucked?

I just heard the title track. One of their worst songs....ever
frown.gif

If you changed the vocal style it would sound just like a Godsmack track.

But that is just one track. Doesn't mean the rest of the album is just as bad. Hope not
redface.gif

May 29, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #13 of 28
i will NEVER buy a metallica CD because of the whole Napster thing, and even if i did this new single is horrible. I will admit that their earlier stuff is pretty incredible but that doesnt change the fact that i dont like the band (especially lars)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back