Feb 24, 2021 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi and welcome @GaryReg . So, how do your 58X compare to your less expensive Sennheisers? Are you content with their sound?

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi and welcome @GaryReg . So, how do your 58X compare to your less expensive Sennheisers? Are you content with their sound?
Thanks for asking cinisi,
Although the HD58x sound better than my Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC and HD300 cans the improvements are subtle. Tighter, more accurate Bass and more detail in Midrange and Treble. Instruments and Backing vocals are more isolated in the Mix and natural instruments sound more lifelike. piano, violins, trumpets and saxophone as well as chimes, bells and cymbals. I’m well satisfied after the long wait for them to arrive in Canada from Drop.com. Also interestingly, to me they sound just as good on my iPhone 8 as on my (high performing) MOTU Audio interface with ESS Sabre32 Ultra™ DAC, and S.O.T.A. headphone amplifier. No supplemental amp needed IMO. I should mention they are more comfortable than the (similar weight) HD 4.50 and very lightweight HD300s but I agree with one other reviewer they are very tight (ie: clamping pressure). It seems all the Sennheiser headphones have strong clamping pressure which doesn’t seem to reduce overtime unless you use techniques to stretch them. The HD58x have larger earcups (than the others) and with the velour earpads are much more comfortable otherwise.

Feb 25, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 4
Welcome GaryReg. I would think that the improvements would not be huge, but still noticable if you're going up increments with the same manufacturer. For example, going from the 58x to the hd600 or 650 should be an improvement, but not an earth shattering one. Sometimes its all about steps.

Its when you skip all the steps in the middle that its a huge difference; such as going from the hd300 to the hd800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back