Apr 28, 2015 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

eadomin

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am a Starting member. I have been following this forum for the last couple of years obtaining very valuable information in the threads I have followed. I own a Rock-It R50 and just acquired the ATH-M50X. I am using my old Ipod Classic, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 8.4 as music sources. I need assistance on how can I improve the sound for my IEM and headphone. Hope to get the support I am looking for. I am very pleased to start my first thread in this prestigious forum.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hello, I am a Starting member. I have been following this forum for the last couple of years obtaining very valuable information in the threads I have followed. I own a Rock-It R50 and just acquired the ATH-M50X. I am using my old Ipod Classic, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 8.4 as music sources. I need assistance on how can I improve the sound for my IEM and headphone. Hope to get the support I am looking for. I am very pleased to start my first thread in this prestigious forum.

Welcome, eadomin!

I've had my original ATH-M50s for years and they've held up remarkably well and given me many enjoyable hours of listening.

In my experience, sound quality is influenced by the audio files themselves, the player, any equalization that may be used, and then finally the headphones.  With your set up, possibly the easiest thing to try would be to insert equalization to better match with your headphones.  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the apps available for Android, but I'm willing to bet there are a number of choices.  Try searching for 'equalization on android' or something similar on the forums  (or directly in the Google app store) and see what turns up.  While I was still on IOS (iPhone and iPod touch) I tried out several apps to give me equalization for my headphones.

So that's one (low cost!) pathway to experiment with.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back