new member with a question =]
Sep 19, 2006 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
I just bought a pair of Sennheiser HD595's and am wondering what you guys here consider "must haves" for songs to listen to. They should arrive in a few days, but I'm a little skeptical that the mp3's I currently have will be worth listening to try and hear a difference between the 595's and my current economical headphones.

Are there any songs that you guys can recommend for me to compare headphones with that once I put the 595's on, it'll blow me away at how much better they are? If there are online recordings that are uploaded strictly for this, then I'd love to download a few to compare with. But if there aren't, I'd be more than willing to go buy a few CD's to try out.

Any recommendations are welcome. I'm not even sure if my ears are sensitive enough to hear any differences, but I want to be and audiophile, lol.
icon10.gif

Sep 19, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 4
laxx says,
Quote:

Are there any songs that you guys can recommend for me to compare headphones with that once I put the 595's on, it'll blow me away at how much better they are?

I don't know what you like to listen to, but Steely Dan has a reputation for sound quality. Morph the Cat, Everything Must Go and Two Against Nature are their lastest.

As a general rule, slower acoustic music reveals the most. Faster electronic is less revealing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back