New Member Wanting to Sell Equipment
Nov 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Aegir

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, all.  New member here.  Can anyone tell me how do I get started posting in the classifieds?  I've not posted anything there as of yet.  When I attempt to start a new ad, I get a message back saying that I'm over the limit for my posts in this area?  What exactly does this mean if I haven't posted an ad?  Thanks for your assistance.

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #2 of 9
It just means you haven't qualified.  I believe the new rule requires being a member for at least 30 days and a post count of 15 or more.  So I guess you'll have to wait till you've cleared the 30 days mark.

Nov 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #4 of 9
Makes no sense to have 15 posts minimum. Most of the information you ever would need you can find though the search feature. Now I have to post random babble like this just to post a listing.

Nov 21, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 9
Makes no sense to have 15 posts minimum. Most of the information you ever would need you can find though the search feature. Now I have to post random babble like this just to post a listing.

It makes perfect sense and if you were as good at searching as you claim, you would have found the zillions of previous threads from noobs complaining about the rules and the mods explaining *again* why the rule exists and that it has worked very well for many years to keep the spam and scams at a minimum.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #6 of 9
I might suggest, several months later I know, that perhaps the faq could be less buried at the bottom of the page.  It sounds a bit like this annoys people, and I can understand why.  But if teh nubs keep asking, perhaps it's a sign that the information isn't optimally located.  It took me 20 minutes or so of searching various things to see where the link to the faq was.  I know, I'm the newb.  Perhaps a bigger link on the profile page, or somewhere off to the right at the top of the main page?

It doesn't much matter to me, it just seems that the rest of the site is organized differently than this page that would (hopefully) curtail noobish annoyances.
atsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #7 of 9
I don't wish to start a flame war but I am not sure how much more clearer things could be. How can one be more obvious when the first line says "READ FIRST! IMPORTANT!"? This banner is at the top of each classified forum. The rules are clearly stated in the "Classifieds Posting Guide" which is a simple click away.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #8 of 9
I suppose that's different then.  I wasn't personally trying to sell anything and so haven't really looked in that forum.  I like where that link is located though; something similar for the homepage for general questions would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back