New member saying Hi.
Dec 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Dave74

100+ Head-Fier
  Hi, I've been a reader of this forum for a number of years now and I just decided to join and start posting.  I really enjoy listing to music through headphones and I always seem to have upgrade fever.  

As I work out of town the majority of my headphones are portables: PSB M4U2, B&W P5 (haven't used these for a while), SONY MDR 7520, Kef M-500, Sennheiser Momentums, SONY MDR 1RNC (don't care for the 1RNC's at all and I never use them) and Sennheiser ie80's.  I also have a pair of V Moda M-100's on order which are supposed to be here on Thursday.

I received my Vamp Verza yesterday and  tried it with my Kef M-500's, my Momentums, and my Sony MDR-7520's.  It seemed to make the biggest difference with the Sonys.  Personally, I had found the 7520's a little bright, or maybe just kind of boring until paired with the Verza.  I had tried the 7520's out of my Audiolab M-DAC as well as straight out of my iphone/ipad and never really enjoyed them... until now.

For home use I run my M-DAC into a LYR with HE-500's.  I am hoping to pick up some LCD2's one of these days as I really enjoy the HE-500's but I do find them fatiguing at times and depending on my mood I like to have different options.

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Here's the obligatory head-fi welcome for a new member:

Welcome to Head-fi, sorry about your wallet 

Looking at your collection of gears, I already feel sorry for your wallet 
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3 of 9
    Hi, I've been a reader of this forum for a number of years now and I just decided to join and start posting.  I really enjoy listing to music through headphones and I always seem to have upgrade fever.  

As I work out of town the majority of my headphones are portables: PSB M4U2, B&W P5 (haven't used these for a while), SONY MDR 7520, Kef M-500, Sennheiser Momentums, SONY MDR 1RNC (don't care for the 1RNC's at all and I never use them) and Sennheiser ie80's.  I also have a pair of V Moda M-100's on order which are supposed to be here on Thursday.

I received my Vamp Verza yesterday and  tried it with my Kef M-500's, my Momentums, and my Sony MDR-7520's.  It seemed to make the biggest difference with the Sonys.  Personally, I had found the 7520's a little bright, or maybe just kind of boring until paired with the Verza.  I had tried the 7520's out of my Audiolab M-DAC as well as straight out of my iphone/ipad and never really enjoyed them... until now.

For home use I run my M-DAC into a LYR with HE-500's.  I am hoping to pick up some LCD2's one of these days as I really enjoy the HE-500's but I do find them fatiguing at times and depending on my mood I like to have different options.

damnnn... that is a lot of money already down for headphones. you should try selling off some headphones & forgoing headphone purchases for a while to save up for that baller $1000+ set!

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:23 AM Post #4 of 9
Wait for the Oppo PM1 to come out, it's looking pretty good, albeit pretty expensive as well :D

But welcome! And as zamorin said, and looks like you already know, your bank account may decrease even further.

Dec 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #6 of 9
Hello everyone...

My name is Alvin, sorry I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or just say hi here...I'm rather new (this is my first post).  I actually signed up a couple years back but have been a casual visitor since then.  This place is loaded with tons of useful/helpful information...it's astounding!

A little bit about me:  My tastes in music are broad but my favorite genres are alternative rock/electronic/indie.  I mainly listen to music at my desk at home, and on the go I use an iPod 160GB classic>Fiio E17>Sennheiser Amperiors.  Two other headphones that I have are Grado SR225i, and the new Bowers & Wilkins P7.

My technical knowledge on gear is very limited (I'm only starting to learn about impedance, etc.)...

I haven't gotten around to using proper audiophile programs for listening to music on the pc so for the time being, I'm stuck using iTunes.  The files are a mix of high-quality MP3's and Apple Lossless.  I'm also quite new to the portable amp/desktop DAC thing, so I've been doing a lot of reading in those areas.

Lately I've been focusing on getting a proper set-up for listening to music on my pc.  I recently ordered a Schiit Vali amp/Modi DAC combo.  I'm sure I'll eventually upgrade later on.  I'm also considering Audioengine speakers for the pc.  That pretty much sums me up.

Dec 25, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Welcome to the world's friendliest pickpocket.

But "I don't use it anymore" is what the FS board is for.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back